+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Decent Scorm creator in Technical; I have as yet to find out there anything that comes close to Microsofts Class Server content creator, in terms ...
    Thank Post

Decent Scorm creator

I have as yet to find out there anything that comes close to Microsofts Class Server content creator, in terms of how it good it looks or how easy it is to make.

Is there anything like it for making SCORM content for Moodle, or even better a converter!?

Thank Post

3. 2 Thanks to aggie:

apoth0r (23rd November 2009), garethedmondson (22nd November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

5. Thanks to CyberNerd from:

garethedmondson (22nd November 2009)

Thank Post
    If you want easy to produce then have a look at RM Fuse.

Fuse Creator | RM Education

Thank Post
    If you want easy to produce then have a look at RM Fuse
    Second that! However, the link is for an older version, the latest one is here Using Fuse Creator - Fuse Community

It's an easy drag and drop type thing where you drag and drop boxes onto a page(Image/text etc) and create different activities with them. Trial version on the website.

Went on training for it and it was MUCH more user friendly than packages such as xerte/exe. It is designed for RM platform though so don't know if you'll have compatibility issues.
    Last edited by znova; 23rd November 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Quote didn't seem to work?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    I have as yet to find out there anything that comes close to Microsofts Class Server content creator, in terms of how it good it looks or how easy it is to make.

Is there anything like it for making SCORM content for Moodle, or even better a converter!?
    Class server is not bad easy to use but it only creates scorm 1.2. This will run in Sharepoint learning Kit.

There is Thesis free version that comes with learning essentials and then there is the version that you buy. I know Hunterstone who created Thesis provide a service to convert contenet to scorm 2004.

Microsoft will soon have semblio ready, so they say ? Mind you they said that about Grava.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrder View Post
    Microsoft will soon have semblio ready, so they say ? Mind you they said that about Grava.
    If I remember correctly Grava was the pre-launch beta name for Semblio which will be launched at BETT 2010, - I have seen it working as it searches and imports our Global Grid for Learning content, - we showed it to a group of LA advisers who were very impressed with the ease of use and functionality within the classroom.

Ian

Thank Post
    I'm led to believe there is a lot of work still to do with semblio. Also it packages to common cartridge not scorm although this maybe resolved. Its not web based nor is it a tool that can be embedded in a Learning Platform.

Thank Post
    Hi again New Order,

I'm led to believe there is a lot of work still to do with semblio.
    It was launched to publishers a couple of weeks ago, - it works as is. We have it up and running now.

Also it packages to common cartridge not scorm although this maybe resolved.
    Bigger debate than probably want to get into - certainly at this time of night ...But the reality is that as of here and now there is no common standard, there is no real directive and as a tool to deliver teaching (remember the IT should be invisible) my personal belief is that the wider teaching profession is probably not that concerned about which standard is used more that they can create interactive lesson resource which Semblio does very well....Appreciate that this thread was originally about Scorm.

Its not web based nor is it a tool that can be embedded in a Learning Platform.
    It is a free MS Office tool created specifically for teaching and learning. I think having it delivered via a LP will be down to the LP providers. It certainly has web based interaction, - searches, embeds web content, allows import of non MS standard etc.

Ian

Thank Post
    There is an acceptance in the UK that Scorm is a standard.( Becta Learning Platforms ). I'm not saying thats correct but Microsoft should have realised it.

Yes I saw Semblio and I also saw Grava. Totally different. I think Semblio is more about assembling content than creating it.

Yes functionalty is straightforward, theres not much of it?

As for Learning Platform providers making it work as part of their offering I believe Microsoft should have considered it.

Activihub (Activihub.com) is an example of a web based content creation tool that exports to scorm. Created by one person in the UK.

Thank Post
    Having used Xerte for various topics I have to recommend it as the easiest to use.
    Very user friendly, drag and drop type affair with plenty of scope for making the resources good looking and easily accessible.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread