+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Has anyone integrated Moodle into Sharepoint? in Technical; Hi, I work in a City Learning Centre in Sheffield and my role is to support our partnership of schools ...
    Thank Post

Has anyone integrated Moodle into Sharepoint?

Hi,

I work in a City Learning Centre in Sheffield and my role is to support our partnership of schools in Learning Platforms (VLE, MLE...). Some schools are going through Building Schools for the Future (BSF) and Civica is Sheffields managed ICT service partner. Most of the schools are currently using Moodle as their VLE but Civica has a MLE system using MS Sharepoint that the schools will have to use once there BSF contract starts with Civica. This is putting some schools in an awkward position as they don't want to loose their Moodle system, one school reported 10,000 hits in a month on their Moodle.

I am starting to work with the schools on the VLE / BSF transition process and am really interested in any schools that have sucessfully implemeted Sharepoint and Moodle together? I know it is possible but I would like to know a bit more about the pros / cons of the setup and more information in general.

I have seen Sharepoint Web Parts for Moodle which looks like it does the business but i'm just a bit unclear about its limitations?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could post a response / starter to this thread and it would be fantastic if we could arrange a visit to a school that has this in place.

Many Thanks, Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We looked into the sharepoint web parts as an option for locally hosted moodle and centrally hosted sharepoint ... and the simple answer was no! We asked around and managed to see some bespoke web parts at Warwick College that did a better job of locally hosted moodle and locally hosted sharepoint but still no joy working with a centrally hosted or multi-tenanted environment.

The best people to chat with are likely to be Alex Pearce and Richard Willis, as asking folk over on moodle.org previously got me nowhere.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that I will make contact with them directly.

Thanks, Ben

Thank Post

Cool SharePoint change

Hi

I have heard that Microsoft are changing their view on how SharePoint should be used with Moodle. Rather than the 'bring Moodle in to SharePoint' concept they are now looking to use SharePoint as a tool to support Moodle. I believe that this is being done by using SharePoint to 'push and publish' resources to the Moodle classrooms enabling users to update documents 'directly' rather than having to go through the 'change, save and upload' routine. So it maybe that it is not so important to 'bring Moodle to SharePoint'. I mean all you really need is a link to the MyMoodle site.

Cheers
    Stephen

Thank Post
    ITWorxs have fully integrated moodle in to SharePoint. If you PM me I'll give you details of who to speak to.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have a link to our Moodle system from sharepoint, I don't really see the point of integrating it any more than that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread