+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle Forum Moderator in Technical; I think that you are going slightly over the top here, Geoff. It would be an interesting case where a ...

Thank Post

Re: Moodle Forum Moderator

I think that you are going slightly over the top here, Geoff. It would be an interesting case where a student went to the Court of Human Rights just because the word f**k had been blocked.

Secondly, on a slightly lighter note, there have been times when Hotmail has been blocked in school (not by us I may add). Suddenly the office is beseiged by sixth-formers claiming their human rights have been violated!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I think that you are going slightly over the top here, Geoff.
    EU directives trump local and national laws. That's how it works.

It would be an interesting case where a student went to the Court of Human Rights just because the word f**k had been blocked.
    I don't think a lawyer would take on such a case. But I think it's only a matter of time before we see something along these lines tested in court.

Secondly, on a slightly lighter note, there have been times when Hotmail has been blocked in school (not by us I may add). Suddenly the office is beseiged by sixth-formers claiming their human rights have been violated
    They are correct, but unless they are willing to take it to the next stage rather than simply moan about it you can safely ignore them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

How about if you got them to sign an AUP written in legal jargon as a contract?

Wes

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

No, you can't removes peoples rights via a contract such as an AUP.

Thank Post

Secondly, on a slightly lighter note, there have been times when Hotmail has been blocked in school (not by us I may add). Suddenly the office is beseiged by sixth-formers claiming their human rights have been violated
    They are correct, but unless they are willing to take it to the next stage rather than simply moan about it you can safely ignore them.
    This must be a first. Geoff arguing that blocking a MICROSOFT product might infringe a user's human rights 8O

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by mighty.grey.eagle
    This must be a first. Geoff arguing that blocking a MICROSOFT product might infringe a user's human rights 8O

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

one of the things you can do is a terms of use and in this you can state that the School (company ect ect)may block stop emails and websites as they see fit as in the condutions of use and if anyone then complains you are covered weather it be webmail sites or whatever and if you add that application needs to be made to allow websites that they belive to be wrongly blocked and it will be investogated. I have found that useing a webfilter like dansguardine at home it will block a friends webmail because of some of the subject line words like sex ect ect due to its nature.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12