+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Norfolk webfronter - uploading templates? in Technical; Might be a little specific this one, but i thought it worth a try. I'm investigating using webfronter as a ...

Thank Post

Norfolk webfronter - uploading templates?

Might be a little specific this one, but i thought it worth a try.

I'm investigating using webfronter as a replacement for our website as the existing site is looking decidedly old and is out of date. I'm at an early stage, just seeing how things link together, but i thought i'd try uploading a new blank template (sent to me earlier in the year by County).

I can't get it to work though, for reasons that aren't terribly clear. I go to the tools -> templates for webfronter for the root node for the school (this location recommended by Fronter, apparently) and click 'New webfronter template' - i then get a screen that allows me to specify the name and description, but the 'Choose template room' and select controls don't seem to let me select anything on my local PC to upload.
    Am i doing something wrong or is it perhaps that this feature hasn't been fully activated?

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Have you had a look at this

http://fronter.info/documentation/71/en/webfronter.pdf

if you have fronter 92 I would look at the universal template as you can do specify everything.

Thank Post
    We do indeed have Fronter92... And, it seems, the Universal template, too. I was lead to believe by our support that we'd have to edit our own templates and upload them - seemed a bit of a headache.

Thanks for the tip!

PS: Once i've started to set up using the universal template, i have the option of specifying the appearance and content settings via the drop-down menu, etc - in the basic settings theres an option 'Fronter Installation'.. not sure what i need to put in here or if its significant. I'm guessing i might be as i'm getting '[an error occurred while processing this directive]' four times at the top of the page...
    Last edited by cheredenine; 13th October 2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Extra questions...

Thank Post
    With the old version that was the only way from 92 onwards the idea is to use the universal and customise it to the schools needs

Thank Post
    Not sure my ninja edit got noticed - just in case:

Once i've started to set up using the universal template, i have the option of specifying the appearance and content settings via the drop-down menu, etc - in the basic settings theres an option 'Fronter Installation'.. not sure what i need to put in here or if its significant. I'm guessing i might be as i'm getting '[an error occurred while processing this directive]' four times at the top of the page...

Also, i've just noticed that Fronter appears to have assigned the correct teachers to teaching groups, but no pupils. Great!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread