+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Statistical info re VLE's in Technical; Hi all, Hope I've come to the correct area for my question, its the only forum i could find VLE's ...

Thank Post

Statistical info re VLE's

Hi all,

Hope I've come to the correct area for my question, its the only forum i could find VLE's on. If not appologies. I am currently researching the benefits of a VLE for foundation and key stage one. However I do not seem to be able to find any statistical info regarding the numbers of schools in England that are currently offering their infants a VLE. Does anyone know where I could find this info or if any research has been completed into this area?

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    This may not be what you're looking for, or you may find it a little blinkered in that it only deals with Moodle, but if you visit this link you should find a list of schools using er, Moodle, which is a type of VLE. You'll have the ability to visit the various VLE's and, I see, also to email them. I'm not advocating Moodle above any other VLE just seeking to help you with your inquiry.

Thank Post
    As your location is Calderdale, perhaps a call to the LEA might help. There is a project team working on the chosen VLE for the area, Fronter. I know that extensive research was carried out before the choice was made, maybe a member of the team has the data you are seeking.

Thank Post

VLE statistics

Thanks all, I will get in touch with Calderdale, I know someone there who may be willing to help. However we are using Frog at our Infant School not Fronter, Calderdales choice, and the Frog VLE has huge potential. Its really taking off now with children as young as 5 entering comments in forums and typing up online diaries. I will as well look at the list of schools using Moodle, its all relevant info. Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread