+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Storing AD User Credentials In SSO Database in Technical; Does any one know how to add active directory user credentials to Single sign on database,I am trying to implement ...
    Thank Post

Storing AD User Credentials In SSO Database

Does any one know how to add active directory user credentials to Single sign on database,I am trying to implement SSO in our sharepoint 2007 farm and have configured the following in central administration > Operations >Manage Single Sign On

manage server setting

manage encryption key

Created Enterprice Application

But

"Manage Account Information for an Enterprise Application Definition" Option lets you define one user at a time but what do you do if you have 100s to add.

I have another problem and that I can 't seem to find microsoft single sign on service on my 2nd front end server It was used as database server but i have instlled WSS 3.0 on it and added it to farm as front end but there is no SSO service on it I have to run this service on every front end. Do I need to install Moss 2007 on the server to get the SSO service or is there any other way.

I am really stuck please help

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There's probably an easier way than this, but you could always use some PowerShell script.
    Code:
    foreach ($User in $Userlist) {

$SPSite = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite($URL) $SPRoot = $SPSite.RootWeb $SPUser = $SPRoot.EnsureUser($User) $SPRole = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleAssignment($SPUser) $SPRole.RoleDefinitionBindings.Add($SPRoot.RoleDefinitions["Read"]) $SPRoot.RoleAssignments.Add($SPRole) $SPSite.Dispose() $SPRoot.Dispose()
    }
    If you give that a username in DOMAIN\Username format as the value of $User, or rather an array of them as $UserList and a URL it'll loop through and assign read permissions to everyone in the list, to the site you've given the URL of.

Thank Post
    Hi, thanks for reply but may be I did,nt explain this right , I really need to connect the SSO database to active directory so SSO database reflects any changes to a user credentials,
    First I need to add all the users and then database should keep it uptodate, or I can run a script to update it.
    Sharepoint configuration database should have all the user credentials can we use that?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were trying to add the AD users into SharePoint.

SSO isn't something I know much about, but this may help you: Microsoft SharePoint Designer Team Blog : An Introduction to Single-Sign-On (SSO) with Data Views

5. Thanks to jamesb from:

azadsani (10th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks that has really helped,
    I am still struggling to find the answer to second part of my question
    I can 't seem to find microsoft single sign on service on my 2nd front end server It was used as database server but i have instlled WSS 3.0 on it and added it to farm as front end but there is no SSO service on it I have to run this service on every front end. Do I need to install Moss 2007 on the server to get the SSO service or is there any other way.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    After a bit of hunting I managed to find this: Re: Single Sign On

Looks like WSS doesn't support single sign-on.

Thank Post
    thaks james ,Guess what I found the same page few minutes age, I have sorted the problem out by installing moss 2007 and enabled the SSO service,
    I have restarted the servers and reconfigured the Central SSO settings, But still it does,nt seems to be working
    It asks me to login when trying to open word documents ,does the same with email mail access from portal.
    not sure what else I acan do?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread