+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle and MIS integration in Technical; I have been finally making some time in the holidays to make some extensions to the following Moodle block Moodle.org: ...
    Thank Post

Moodle and MIS integration

I have been finally making some time in the holidays to make some extensions to the following Moodle block Moodle.org: Modules and plugins

This block allows integration with Serco MIS system. My contribution so far had been to document how to get this system working on Debian/Ubuntu based systems rather Redhat.Debian integrates with mssql/sybase and freetds differently so documented how to get apache/php playing nicely with the existing system.

I have now also extended the system to allow access to the Document Storage server and Student events summary.

Allowing access to the Document storage server has been great four our school as it means parents can now access the schools reports, letters home etc etc. I will be sending updates for the code to the core developement team before I got on leave in a couple of days.

If anyone is interested in testing the extension to this block ahead of it being merged then please let me know, as would be useful to get feedback from other schools using this block.

2. 2 Thanks to monkeyx:

CyberNerd (27th July 2009), kieran8055 (27th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    This block allows integration with Serco MIS system. My contribution so far had been to document how to get this system working on Debian/Ubuntu based systems rather Redhat.Debian integrates with mssql/sybase and freetds differently so documented how to get apache/php playing nicely with the existing system.
    This is really useful, lots of people seem to be having issues with FreeTDS on ubuntu.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    I have been finally making some time in the holidays to make some extensions to the following Moodle block Moodle.org: Modules and plugins

I have now also extended the system to allow access to the Document Storage server and Student events summary.

Allowing access to the Document storage server has been great four our school as it means parents can now access the schools reports, letters home etc etc. I will be sending updates for the code to the core developement team before I got on leave in a couple of days.

If anyone is interested in testing the extension to this block ahead of it being merged then please let me know, as would be useful to get feedback from other schools using this block.
    Hi,

I wud be intrested to try this.

Cheers :0)

Thank Post
    We'd definitely be interested to try out any newer builds. We're currently using the one available at Moodle.org: Modules and plugins

Ours is running on FreeBSD so I could perhaps document the process if you think there would be any interest?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread