+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, IE8 and Moodle (Via CLEO) in Technical; Hiya Up until a couple of months ago we were running IE6 on all our PCs but an update or ...

Thank Post

IE8 and Moodle (Via CLEO)

Hiya

Up until a couple of months ago we were running IE6 on all our PCs but an update or updates to moodle developed problems with editing courses. with this in mind we updated to IE8 (we bypassed IE7 as in general it seemed much slower than 8 and had previously decided to give it a miss).

We then developed the problem of accessing WebDAV, i quickly found the solution either on here or Moodle User Groups to set up a web location, which worked apart from the folder view was all numbers. I didnt realise at the time how many teachers used the webdav method to upload multiple files, and they really dont like the numbers and having to reference the number of the course to the folder they upload too.

I can understand their frustrations and wonder if anyone has found a solution/ reason/ cause for this and if it can be changed.

Thanks in advance

DaveT

Thank Post
    You let your teachers webdav multiple files over 30 meg? Interesting. We don't as a policy allow that because I reckon if they did, they'd just upload all their folders of unedited humongous multi megabyte photos and avi videos unnecessarily instead of learning the skills to reduce them and zip them up. What sort of things do your teachers webdav? Perhaps I should think again. Oh and using IE7 by the way so cannot help with the other problem sorry

Thank Post
    Hiya and thanks for the reply.

I Dont think they upload massive ammounts of Data, just that they prefere to drag and drop multiple files instead of using a zip file (you can see some of their eyes glaze over when you mention Zip files

The VLE in general is something ive fallen into as the original Teacher who took it on has requested help.

I thought that WebDAV was more for administrative purposes, so i wasnt worried about the folder view initially. only now am i starting to realise how many of them are using it and now complaining about the file view.

Ill get a much better idea of how much data there is on there as im going to have to drag the course backups off over the summer.

I would still like to hear from anyone who has found a work around for the folder view problem, in the meantime ill try to convince the staff that the zip option is teh way forwards.

Thanks again

Dave

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread