+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, embeding useful tools into uniservity in Technical; I cant find a post on this anywhere on Edugeek so thought I would post it. After struggling through many ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

embeding useful tools into uniservity

I cant find a post on this anywhere on Edugeek so thought I would post it. After struggling through many headaches trying to get my head around the un-intuitive "Web 0.1" interface I have been toying with embeding google gadgets and they seem to play nicely. I have seen one or two implementations on other uniservity sites (clocks etc) I am sure most 'Geekers would be familiar with this sort of thing but if anyone struggles I can post more instructions.

Calendar
    Uniservity's Calender is Woeful in its integration ie it all a manual up load. Google calendar slots quite nicely on the page and has all the usual tools for integration with outlook, ie export file and upload to igoogle calandar. If you go to the settings for your google calendar there is an option to embed this calendar in your webpage with some code which you can copy and paste into the html tag <> button when editing a home page. you can have a play with the colour settings so it matches your site more closely too.

Photos
    Uniservity photo display is dated to say the least, click on a picture it opens in a new window, then click back to find the next one etc etc No slick Joomla slide shows here! You can however embed a picasa slideshow The Picasa local editing tool is pretty handy for organising resizing rotating uploading etc all the usual cool stuff that you would expect of a web tool these days.

If anyone else has some suggestion s on how to enhance Uniservity with off site 'plugins' please share them
    Last edited by Hacksawbob; 24th May 2009 at 09:44 PM.

2. Thanks to Hacksawbob from:

lew_bob (27th May 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That is a good idea this would work in any portal that allowed web paged embedding.

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanks for the post. Ive been playing with this for some of today, no idea why I didnt think of this

Ive sucessfully got my media calender displaying with the media bookings Now just to get the school calender on a page for joe public and to look into other potential widget type thingymejigs.....

....unfortuatly still suffer the gawd awful timeouts of unservitity though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 813 Posts
    If anyone else has some suggestion s on how to enhance Uniservity with off site 'plugins' please share them
    On the frontpage, simple put in a redirect to your local moodle install and spare your teachers the misery of uniservity

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    On the frontpage, simple put in a redirect to your local moodle install and spare your teachers the misery of uniservity
    I absolutely love that!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread