+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, SCORM issues and SLK in Technical; Hi, Our school have share point learning Kit installed and with the help of Salamander we have classes sites up ...
    Thank Post

SCORM issues and SLK

Hi, Our school have share point learning Kit installed and with the help of Salamander we have classes sites up and running, At momment I am testing learning resources which teachers could use with SLK. I have successfully tested the solitaire scorm which comes with SLK .but most of the other scorm samples I have downloaded does not seem to be working properly, I can assign it to a student but either it asks student to download it and unzip it Or it works but does not save answers when submited back to system . could some one point me in the right direction:
    which software to use to creat scorm which is fully compatible with functionality of SLK?
    Can flash files and PPT files be converted in to Scorm?
    what are you experiences using different contents with SLK ,what works and what does't work with SLK
    Is there a program easy to use for teachers to creat quizzes in scorm format for slk?

Thank Post
    Why do you need to? Do they have grades in that need to be stored? If not and you just want them to show nicely you could use ispring free to convert the powerpoints to flash.

Is there a program easy to use for teachers to creat quizzes in scorm format for slk?[/QUOTE]
    Yes - HotPotatoes . And also Contentgenerator (sorry - too tired to hyperlink tonight) - they have been made SCORM compatible though only really tested in Moodle - should work elsewhere too though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azadsani View Post
    Hi, Our school have share point learning Kit installed and with the help of Salamander we have classes sites up and running, At momment I am testing learning resources which teachers could use with SLK. I have successfully tested the solitaire scorm which comes with SLK .but most of the other scorm samples I have downloaded does not seem to be working properly, I can assign it to a student but either it asks student to download it and unzip it Or it works but does not save answers when submited back to system . could some one point me in the right direction:
    which software to use to creat scorm which is fully compatible with functionality of SLK?
    what are you experiences using different contents with SLK ,what works and what does't work with SLK
    Is there a program easy to use for teachers to creat quizzes in scorm format for slk?

Are you using the latest version of the SLK 1.3.1? Or are you running the old MLG version of the SLK? There are known issues with the old version of the SLK and the zip function.

You can use THESIS to convert any file that can be presented in a browser - PPT, Word, PDF's HTML, videos, MP3 etc.

If you update using the tools to SLK1.3.1 you should be able to address the zip issue and then you can use tools like the THESIS tool to build questions etc., now that has been updated to support 8 different question types.

Hope this helps

4. Thanks to nsbr from:

azadsani (21st May 2009)

Thank Post
    Solitaire seems to work fine for everyone, but then the problems start when you try to create alternative content! Class Server used to work well for us, but MS no longer support this.

Creating SCORM content for SLK/SharePoint has been a long running issue for us - I have yet to find an editor which I think is sufficiently intuitive to unleash on our teaching staff.

Have looked at quite a few, but if anyone has a recommendation then I will certainly follow it up.....

Thank Post
    hanks Guys , I am greatful for such a good response and I have found lots of good links and suggestionson this thread
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platfor ms/15067-e-learning-scorm-editors.html
    i have been testing them on Our VLE test site and found that learning essential for Microsoft office works well and its free for schools ,it works like an addon to office,it uses the thesis lignt version to save resources in to scorm format. which suggests to me that thesis should work well with SLK and the pro version should give you more options.
    Hot potatoes works very well but it does not keep the answers, it provides teacher with score but actual quiz or test resets it self. As nsbr said it could be if I am running an older version of SLK , upgrading it to SLK 1.3.1 might sort it But this might sound silly but how do I check which version of SLK i am running
    l

Thank Post
    hanks Guys , I am greatful for such a good response and I have found lots of good links and suggestionson this thread
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platfor ms/15067-e-learning-scorm-editors.html
    i have been testing them on Our VLE test site and found that learning essential for Microsoft office works well and its free for schools ,it works like an addon to office,it uses the thesis lignt version to save resources in to scorm format. which suggests to me that thesis should work well with SLK and the pro version should give you more options.
    Hot potatoes works very well but it does not keep the answers, it provides teacher with score but actual quiz or test resets it self. As nsbr said it could be if I am running an older version of SLK , upgrading it to SLK 1.3.1 might sort it But this might sound silly but how do I check which version of SLK i am running
    l
    I found eXelearning really easy to use and I think it logs scores etc as well.

Thank Post
    Just tested eXelearning , really easy to use but having same problems as hot potatoes, no answers saved or sent to teacher

Thank Post
    Just tested eXelearning , really easy to use but having same problems as hot potatoes, no answers saved or sent to teacher
    Have you tried adding the Scorm Quiz function? Im sure this added scores when I tried (this was a long time ago now tho )

Thank Post
    the Scorm Quiz function !
    need help on this one How do I add that function

Thank Post
    Its an iDevice. They are the parts of the pages you make with eXe. You basically make a structure of folders etc and then add the iDevices to it to add content like quizzes, information, links etc. The scorm quiz is basically an iDevice which lets you ask multiple choice questionaires and bits.

Online manual/Working with eXe - WikiEducator

Thank Post
    Hi if you are interested I can provide you with a test package and you can see if it meets your needs within the SLK. I can post this to a site and you can download. We have not seen any issues with our quiz packages in recording and keeping the answers in review mode - or from the custom reports we have built as part of the Grade Assignment function in the SLK.

If you are having the zip download issue then you really need to upgrade your SLK version to atleast 1.3.1 to solve that issue.
    Last edited by nsbr; 21st May 2009 at 03:16 PM.

Thank Post
    that will be great, I wait for the link
    I am looking for something which I can recommend to school managment.
    if thesis works for us It will be great

Thank Post
    Here is a link you can use to see a simple test. I did not use all the question types available, but this provides a sample.
    http://www.getthesis.com/downloads/HowardsRockDemo.zip This file is also attached to the post.

If you have the zip issue - you will need to move to 1.3.1

If you are interested I can take you though a complete implementation on a live meeting and show you all the question types etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    WORKS A TREAT
    thanks , keeps all the answers and no save or unzip issues any more brilliant
    will recommend this to school
    what kind of support you guys provide with your products
    which product is recommended for a secondary school/college

Thank Post
    We have a schools package. Our UK office should be able to provide you the UK pricing etc., and advise what you need. You can download a 15 day trial at Free trial from HunterStone - Leaders in SCORM eLearning software and conversion services and if you complete the form Rod from the UK office will contact you if you provide the details.

17. Thanks to nsbr from:

azadsani (21st May 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast