+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, What have you done with your Frog VLE? in Technical; Having been playing around with Frog for a while now, I decided to do a bit of research into what ...
    Cue
    Thank Post

What have you done with your Frog VLE?

Having been playing around with Frog for a while now, I decided to do a bit of research into what other schools have done with their Frog VLE. So I must ask you guys, what have you done or plan on doing with Frog? I'm not talking the usual stuff here such as teaching resources, I'd like to know what unique and interesting things you've done? I've heard of schools linking it up with lunch orders so that parents can see what their kids have been eating. Got anything like this going?

Me? I'm working on a bit of PHPBB3 integration, since the student forum provided lacks quite a fair bit in terms of functionality. Going live pretty soon, should be a massive improvement over the old one.

Thank Post
    We have not got quite as far as you, but I like the idea of implementing BB3.... a LOT of the students/staff will be familiar with it... How much linking between bb3 and frog have you managed to achieve in terms of users etc?

Cue
    Thank Post
    We were originally going to use LDAP to connect to the active directory of the school server, but the head technician wouldn't allow a new server to be sitting that close to the core of the network, I can understand completely where he's coming from with that since if the network goes down everyone might as well go home. Instead I'm planning a bit of cURL Frog integration, so it authenticates as a user would, pretending it's a browser, from which it would get a page with user info such as first name and such and create a user record if it's their first login.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread