+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter: Include web content (Google calendar) in 'My Today'? in Technical; Hello there again, I'd like to include Our school's Google Calendar on everyone's Fronter Front page (don't like the Fronter ...

Thank Post

Fronter: Include web content (Google calendar) in 'My Today'?

Hello there again,

I'd like to include Our school's Google Calendar on everyone's Fronter Front page (don't like the Fronter calendar much). I can include it on individual pages in rooms by pasting in the code from the google calendar site. Does anyone know a way of doing this?

cheers

Steve

Thank Post
    You can force people to a certain room when they login to Fronter and if the google calendar was on the frontpage of that room, would that work? I don't think it's possible to add a page to 'My Today'

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    You can force people to a certain room when they login to Fronter and if the google calendar was on the frontpage of that room, would that work? I don't think it's possible to add a page to 'My Today'
    Ah ok that makes sense... I can't see an option to do that from within Fronter. I guess the borough's superuser has to do that...

Thanks!

Thank Post
    You can't put any kind of widgets or modules in the Fronter containers as they disable any javascript code. The only things I've managed to embed are Flash .swf files of games and things.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallgo View Post
    You can't put any kind of widgets or modules in the Fronter containers as they disable any javascript code. The only things I've managed to embed are Flash .swf files of games and things.
    OK, but I have got Google clendar embedded quite nicely on our staffrom page. I just pasted in the embed link from the Google calendar page.

cheers!

Steve

Thank Post
    Forcing people to a room at logon doesn't have to be done by a superuser, it can be done at school administrator level (at least thats how our LA have it setup)

This is how I did it:

1: create your room (if it's not already created) and embed the content onto your Frontpage

2: on the admin section, select your all staff contact group, click the Settings tab and goto Design

3: click on "Add room as seperate tab" and select the room you want them to goto at logon, click save.

4: make sure the radio button next to the room you've just added is selected.

Now at logon all members of the all staff group will automatically goto that room at logon assuming you have enrolled them as members.

Thank Post
    Forcing people to a room at logon doesn't have to be done by a superuser, it can be done at school administrator level (at least thats how our LA have it setup)

This is how I did it:

1: create your room (if it's not already created) and embed the content onto your Frontpage

2: on the admin section, select your all staff contact group, click the Settings tab and goto Design

3: click on "Add room as seperate tab" and select the room you want them to goto at logon, click save.

4: make sure the radio button next to the room you've just added is selected.

Now at logon all members of the all staff group will automatically goto that room at logon assuming you have enrolled them as members.
    Hi, thanks for that. Unfortunately our borough has it set up differently. I don't have school administrator access (and if anyone did it would be me!). Anything like adding users, creating rooms etc has to be done by our borough support fellow. Rather irksome to me as I do like to fiddle with this stuff and it's a drag to have to wait a few days every thime I have an idea or want to try something out...

Steve
    Last edited by GenieNitro; 4th May 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Ah, thats a pain! Which borough out of curiosity?

Thank Post
    Ah, thats a pain! Which borough out of curiosity?
    LB Merton...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenieNitro View Post
    OK, but I have got Google clendar embedded quite nicely on our staffrom page. I just pasted in the embed link from the Google calendar page.

cheers!

Steve
    Hi could you tell me how you did this? It just keeps blocking the iframe code

Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajstan View Post
    Hi could you tell me how you did this? It just keeps blocking the iframe code

Cheers

I also would like to know how you can paste calendar into a room.

I know theres a way of exporting google calendar into a Fronter room calendar but not a homepage/frontpage of a room.

Thank Post
    There is more of a thread here

How are you using Fronter?

but basically you add a user defined button to a room

room > Customise tool package > new tool > User-defined button > type in the google calendar embed code

13. Thanks to Face-Man from:

psydii (9th February 2011)

Thank Post

I'm getting kind of frustrated with this....but

Hi, long time viewer of the board, first post.

I found this message googling "u08 disable stripping unsafe"

How to disable stripping of unsafe code from files in the resource folders
    Tuesday, 25 November 2008 08:42 - Last Updated Tuesday, 25 November 2008 08:45

There is a school setting that 'disables stripping unsafe code from files in the resource folders'. This needs to be set at group level.
    1. Login as Admin
    2. Select the group you would like to apply this to in the tree structure
    3. On the right hand side select the 'settings' tab
    4. Select 'other settings', and select 'add'
    5. Find the setting 'U08 disable stripping unsafe code from files in the resource folders' and select the value 'on'
    Tried it with two different groups, including admins, and it made no difference.... still got the iframe codes stripped. Is this U08 setting actually supposed to do anything, or am I just incredibly thick and am doing something wrong? I've only been on this a week or so and am having a little bit of conceptual difficulty with their user/file management system atm.

I'm trying Facemans suggestion now. Hope it works... the alternative of a bottle of wine is looking very appealing atm.

Thank Post
    U08 doesn't make much difference they just don't like iframes. I've even had the restriction removed at local authority level and it still makes no difference

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread