+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Sharepoint profile import stuck on Enumerating in Technical; I have not checked my profile import for a while, so I cant say exactly when it stopped. But I ...
    Thank Post

Sharepoint profile import stuck on Enumerating

I have not checked my profile import for a while, so I cant say exactly when it stopped. But I wanted to do a full import. And for the past few days I have been having problems with the import not working. It just stays on Satus: Enumerating all the time, no matter which account I use to do the import.

I have tried several suggestions one of them being make sure Account operates as System is unticked in application management. But to no avail. Really need some help if anyone can!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think we had someone else with the same problem just a little while ago.

Anyway, if I remember correctly the fix was to run a few stsadm commands.

Try these:

stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs - forces any pending jobs to run

stsadm -o enumssptimerjobs - lists the timer jobs that are running, should at least show you what's holding things up

stsadm -o deletessptimerjob - deletes whichever job might be holding things up

For more stsadm commands I recommend this page: Index for Stsadm operations and properties (Office SharePoint Server)

Hope that this helps.

Thank Post
    Thanks jamesb, I had 4 operations running that were related to profile imports, I stopped all 4. Now I get the error, An error has occurred while accessing the SQL Server database or the Office SharePoint Server Search service. If this is the first time you have seen this message, try again later. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Could be down to several things, but the main one I've come across is that the Office Search Service is stopped/down.

If you go into SCA on the appropriate server for your Office Search Service, then stop it, perform an IIS reset and start it again does this resolve the error?

Where exactly is this error coming up?

Thank Post
    I am in my SSP, then User profiles and properties this is where the rror comes up in red lettering.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Try going through with the stop/start of the Office Sharepoint Search service, not forgetting to do a full iisreset between the two. Hopefully this should sort the problem. If not, let me know what happens.

Thank Post
    sorry phone rang when I was going to put that I tried stopping and starting.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to check, did you do a full iisreset after doing the stop (which should ask if you're sure about uninstalling the search)?

If so, is the SQL service running?

Thank Post
    I did a /iisrest after stopping the service, then again after i started the service again. All services are running as they should. What I havnt tried is restarting the server but imw aiting till a good time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty much out of ideas now, since it seems that it may have lost connection to the SQL database.

This blog may have an answer for you though: GeekSpeak: SharePoint MOSS 2007 - Renaming the farm's SQL Database Server

This one might be useful as well: http://community.officesharepointpro...read/7947.aspx
    Last edited by jamesb; 10th February 2009 at 04:03 PM.

Thank Post
    The following error appears in the profile properties page now:

An error has occurred while accessing the SQL Server database or the Office SharePoint Server Search service. If this is the first time you have seen this message, try again later. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.

In event viewer the following error is consistent with the profile import:

Login failed for user 'MYDOMAIN\USER'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

Been trying to fix this all morning but to no avail.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you have SQL Management Studio installed, have a look in there and make sure that the database exists. If it does then look for the user who is trying to log in, and check that their default database is set to the Sharepoint database rather than master.

Thank Post
    I have been working on this problem on and off and still having no joy. I have narrowed it down to when I deleted the timer job stsadm -o deletessptimerjob It has not recreated. Does anyone know how to recreate the job?

Thank Post
    I believe the problem is that when you delete the ssp timer jobs, you - in fact - delete them. SharePoint doesn't magically make them reappear again.

If you encounter this error, you could perhaps try checking out this blog post, which explains there's some records in the SharePoint Shared Services Provider "Services" db that need to be re-inserted.

hmm edugeek won't let me enter URL's straight away. Search for a blog named "Geek in the Pink", the post was submitted in December 2009.

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread