Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Sharepoint profile import stuck on Enumerating in Technical; I have not checked my profile import for a while, so I cant say exactly when it stopped. But I ...
10th February 2009, 09:57 AM #1
Sharepoint profile import stuck on Enumerating
I have not checked my profile import for a while, so I cant say exactly when it stopped. But I wanted to do a full import. And for the past few days I have been having problems with the import not working. It just stays on Satus: Enumerating all the time, no matter which account I use to do the import.
I have tried several suggestions one of them being make sure Account operates as System is unticked in application management. But to no avail. Really need some help if anyone can!
IDG Tech News
10th February 2009, 10:13 AM #2
I think we had someone else with the same problem just a little while ago.
Anyway, if I remember correctly the fix was to run a few stsadm commands.
stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs - forces any pending jobs to run
stsadm -o enumssptimerjobs - lists the timer jobs that are running, should at least show you what's holding things up
stsadm -o deletessptimerjob - deletes whichever job might be holding things up
For more stsadm commands I recommend this page: Index for Stsadm operations and properties (Office SharePoint Server)
Hope that this helps.
10th February 2009, 01:58 PM #3
Thanks jamesb, I had 4 operations running that were related to profile imports, I stopped all 4. Now I get the error, An error has occurred while accessing the SQL Server database or the Office SharePoint Server Search service. If this is the first time you have seen this message, try again later. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.
10th February 2009, 02:09 PM #4
Could be down to several things, but the main one I've come across is that the Office Search Service is stopped/down.
If you go into SCA on the appropriate server for your Office Search Service, then stop it, perform an IIS reset and start it again does this resolve the error?
Where exactly is this error coming up?
10th February 2009, 03:55 PM #5
I am in my SSP, then User profiles and properties this is where the rror comes up in red lettering.
10th February 2009, 04:02 PM #6
Try going through with the stop/start of the Office Sharepoint Search service, not forgetting to do a full iisreset between the two. Hopefully this should sort the problem. If not, let me know what happens.
10th February 2009, 04:43 PM #7
sorry phone rang when I was going to put that I tried stopping and starting.
10th February 2009, 04:47 PM #8
Just to check, did you do a full iisreset after doing the stop (which should ask if you're sure about uninstalling the search)?
If so, is the SQL service running?
10th February 2009, 04:59 PM #9
I did a /iisrest after stopping the service, then again after i started the service again. All services are running as they should. What I havnt tried is restarting the server but imw aiting till a good time.
10th February 2009, 05:00 PM #10
I'm pretty much out of ideas now, since it seems that it may have lost connection to the SQL database.
This blog may have an answer for you though: GeekSpeak: SharePoint MOSS 2007 - Renaming the farm's SQL Database Server
This one might be useful as well: http://community.officesharepointpro...read/7947.aspx
Last edited by jamesb; 10th February 2009 at 05:03 PM.
11th February 2009, 11:42 AM #11
The following error appears in the profile properties page now:
An error has occurred while accessing the SQL Server database or the Office SharePoint Server Search service. If this is the first time you have seen this message, try again later. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.
In event viewer the following error is consistent with the profile import:
Login failed for user 'MYDOMAIN\USER'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
Been trying to fix this all morning but to no avail.
11th February 2009, 12:03 PM #12
If you have SQL Management Studio installed, have a look in there and make sure that the database exists. If it does then look for the user who is trying to log in, and check that their default database is set to the Sharepoint database rather than master.
23rd February 2009, 11:15 PM #13
I have been working on this problem on and off and still having no joy. I have narrowed it down to when I deleted the timer job stsadm -o deletessptimerjob It has not recreated. Does anyone know how to recreate the job?
9th December 2009, 04:30 AM #14
- Rep Power
I believe the problem is that when you delete the ssp timer jobs, you - in fact - delete them. SharePoint doesn't magically make them reappear again.
If you encounter this error, you could perhaps try checking out this blog post, which explains there's some records in the SharePoint Shared Services Provider "Services" db that need to be re-inserted.
hmm edugeek won't let me enter URL's straight away. Search for a blog named "Geek in the Pink", the post was submitted in December 2009.
9th December 2009, 04:30 AM #15
- Rep Power
By damienharrison in forum Web Development
Last Post: 3rd February 2009, 12:40 PM
By contink in forum Windows
Last Post: 12th November 2008, 12:01 PM
By TechMonkey in forum Windows
Last Post: 13th May 2008, 09:42 AM
By linuxgirlie in forum ICT KS3 SATS Tests
Last Post: 17th May 2007, 11:29 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)