+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Any Fronter experts? in Technical; Does anyone know the procedure for creating bookable resource items in Fronter, please. The Teacher Training Manual mentions that people ...
    Thank Post

Any Fronter experts?

Does anyone know the procedure for creating bookable resource items in Fronter, please. The Teacher Training Manual mentions that people can book resources through their calendar, like making an appointment, and that the administrator will have set this up. Except that the administrator (me) has not been given any instructions and my training manual doesn't mention it:-(

Thank Post
    from the Help option, go to Documentation tab and open the Calendar document. This should open up the PDF file at :

http://fronter.info/documentation/71/en/calendar.pdf

I was going to use the Booking feature in Fronter to replace the freebie tool we use from Devizes school. It would have been a good way to get teachers into Fronter (change management usually needs carrots and sticks). Sadly the booking feature in Fronter isn't very good.

A big weakness in Fronter is that it doesn't bring timetable information across from SIMs for students, staff and rooms ;-( Re-keying room timetable info so that free slots are shown and made bookable is a right pain.

3. Thanks to john_doyle from:

leco (5th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john_doyle View Post
    Sadly the booking feature in Fronter isn't very good.

A big weakness in Fronter is that it doesn't bring timetable information across from SIMs for students, staff and rooms ;-( Re-keying room timetable info so that free slots are shown and made bookable is a right pain.
    Thanks for the info, the path through Fronter Help is a bit of a nightmare, I'm finding. For my school the timetable is not so important - Junior School. What I would like to see though is individual bookings of say the ICT suite, would be shown on the room calendar. But I don't suppose that is the case.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread