+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Gathering information for Fronter Setup in Technical; We are currently setting up Fronter at our school and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how ...

Thank Post

Gathering information for Fronter Setup

We are currently setting up Fronter at our school and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how best to go about gathering the required information required of the staff? We were thinking that questionnaires may just be a waste of time.
    Also what type of information should we be getting off them?

Thank Post
    What kind of info do you need? Are you talking along the lines of what rooms they want or something like that? In terms of the teaching rooms, everything comes striaght from your MIS.

If you can explain a bit more I might be able to provide more info - at the moment i'm not sure what exactly your asking

Thank Post
    GO WITH FROG!!

Thank Post
    Whilst Frog is a very good product I'm not sure it is very helpful to recommend another product as the best way of setting up Fronter!?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    What kind of info do you need? Are you talking along the lines of what rooms they want or something like that? In terms of the teaching rooms, everything comes striaght from your MIS.

If you can explain a bit more I might be able to provide more info - at the moment i'm not sure what exactly your asking
    We need information like how many rooms are needed for each department and the curriculum for 2009/10 for all subjects

Thank Post
    In terms of rooms for subjects, each class gets a room - this data is taken straight out of your MIS and imported into Fronter - this is the same for pupils and staff. So in terms of classrooms everything should be done for you when the initial import is done.

We've gone for a concept of "Super Rooms" where all the teaching material is stored and then can be copied out to individual rooms - this save a lot of time creating the same resource 4 or 5 times over in different rooms. We have a room for each subject and then pages for the different years within the room.

We established an "MLE Team" who I gave admin rights to selected parts of Fronter so they could create rooms for clubs, school council etc.... In practice this has worked for us because of the size of our school (1900 pupils) I wouldn't be able to manage all the requests on my own.

Hope that helps!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread