+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Comparing VLEs in Technical; Hello guys! As you may have been aware from one of my previous posts, i am a university student that ...

Thank Post

Comparing VLEs

Hello guys!

As you may have been aware from one of my previous posts, i am a university student that is required to produce a VLE to aid teaching. On the face of it, moodle looks to have everything the client is after but im not sure about two things.

1) Will a moodle VLE allow the client to post videos for all the students on the course to view? (i am building a vle to help a company teach a btec qualification - Thats the assignment that i have to do for my final dissertation at university)

2) I have managed to find a comparison between moodle and blackboard. As blackboard is not open source i wont be using it anyway but i have to prove i have done the research. The question is, on the comparison there is a feature called assignment upload to which they both have but what my client wants to know is if there is an assignment download feature as well because he wants to successfully exchange assignments between him and the students backwards and forwards.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated as i have been googling my preverbials off to no avail

Thank Post
    1. Yes you can.

2. Can't help - never used blackboard.

Thank Post
    2. In Moodle there is a the 'Advanced Upload Assignement' activity.

- Student uploads work.

- Teacher can view work, for instance if the student submits a word document all they have to do is click on the file and it opens. If they want to download it they just save it locally.

- The Advanced Upload Assignement activity allows the Teacher and Student to do the above, the difference with the advanced version is the teacher can submit a file back to the student.

For instance Student submits word document, teacher opens up word document and adds comments, Teacher saves the file and uploads it back to the Student. Student checks assignement or gradebook and sees the teacher has returned a file, Student opens .....Think you can imagine how the rest goes...

Dont know what the equivalent in blackboard is though?

Thank Post
    A university my mate went to used Blackboard and I'm sure it's possible to exchange work between tutors and learners. You could always send them an email to ask.

Thank Post
    Cheers guys for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by danIT View Post
    2. In Moodle there is a the 'Advanced Upload Assignement' activity.

- Student uploads work.

- Teacher can view work, for instance if the student submits a word document all they have to do is click on the file and it opens. If they want to download it they just save it locally.

- The Advanced Upload Assignement activity allows the Teacher and Student to do the above, the difference with the advanced version is the teacher can submit a file back to the student.

For instance Student submits word document, teacher opens up word document and adds comments, Teacher saves the file and uploads it back to the Student. Student checks assignement or gradebook and sees the teacher has returned a file, Student opens .....Think you can imagine how the rest goes...

Dont know what the equivalent in blackboard is though?
    That is exactlyu whats required! cheers. I will need the advanced upload assignment facility then

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    A university my mate went to used Blackboard and I'm sure it's possible to exchange work between tutors and learners. You could always send them an email to ask.
    I too use blackboard at university and i know you can. Im asking about moodle really because i cant use blackboard anyway as its not open source.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread