+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, publishing sharepoint via ISA2006 in Technical; After many hours of frustration I am reaching out for some help. I have a sharepoint site sitting on a ...
    Thank Post

publishing sharepoint via ISA2006

After many hours of frustration I am reaching out for some help.

I have a sharepoint site sitting on a WFE server called "adam" and the site is called "portal".

internal DNS points portal to adam, and internally it works great.

Registered a dns name of something like sharepoint.school.area.sch.uk

Went into ISA and set up a sharepoint publishing rule, was set up correctly as it is said on several how to's sites ive looked at. Would not work at all, then I disabled Forward the original host header.

Now when I browse to my url the authentication box comes up as usuall, then it starts to load the page, I see the title in IE, then it asks to authenticate again, then again, then again and just keeps asking to authenticate.

Is there something im missing?

Thank Post
    We had something similar when our LEA installed an ISA box - our solution was to put the address of the server/domain in the bypassed addresss in proxy settings.

Dunno if this is your solution though

Thank Post
    Hi Hightower

Doing what you suggested cancelled out about half of the login windows, I go to the url i log in, then asked to log in again which I do, I get to the default homepage, I can browse the other sites without logins but if I return to the default homepage I am asked to log in several times again.

Plus I really cant get away with asking all parents, pupils to add the site to their proxy settings from home.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilot View Post
    Hi Hightower

Doing what you suggested cancelled out about half of the login windows, I go to the url i log in, then asked to log in again which I do, I get to the default homepage, I can browse the other sites without logins but if I return to the default homepage I am asked to log in several times again.

Plus I really cant get away with asking all parents, pupils to add the site to their proxy settings from home.
    We didn't need to do it at home - it was just our proxy in school causing problems.

We added
    Code:
    portal.durhamlearning.net
    to our list of sites to bypass and this sorted it our in school instantly.

Most home users won't be using a proxy server to browse the internet so no problems should occur.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilot View Post
    After many hours of frustration I am reaching out for some help.

I have a sharepoint site sitting on a WFE server called "adam" and the site is called "portal".

internal DNS points portal to adam, and internally it works great.

Registered a dns name of something like sharepoint.school.area.sch.uk

Went into ISA and set up a sharepoint publishing rule, was set up correctly as it is said on several how to's sites ive looked at. Would not work at all, then I disabled Forward the original host header.

Now when I browse to my url the authentication box comes up as usuall, then it starts to load the page, I see the title in IE, then it asks to authenticate again, then again, then again and just keeps asking to authenticate.

Is there something im missing?
    Hiya,

You need to use the sharepoint administrator to configure the Alternative Access Mapping (AAM) in the site before publishing it.

IN the public name put the external DNS name you given it and it should work.

Ash.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ashok View Post
    Hiya,

You need to use the sharepoint administrator to configure the Alternative Access Mapping (AAM) in the site before publishing it.

IN the public name put the external DNS name you given it and it should work.

Ash.
    Hi that was already done beforehand, and specified that it was done in the ISA wizard.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread