+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Setting up moodle - Dont know where to start in Technical; Originally Posted by secretlife Are you a student of ICT or an ICT related subject and therefore have to learn ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlife View Post
    Are you a student of ICT or an ICT related subject and therefore have to learn the skill of actually setting up a VLE to aid teaching? I am only asking because if you're not, and you are a teaching student and merely need to have a VLE - well, Moodle - to adapt to aid teaching you can get a free Moodle site set up that you can administer and populate yourself from ninehub. Depends if it's the technology or the pedagogy you're after
    Setting up the vle to aid teaching is what i have to do & yes i am a university student on an ICT course doing a module assignment. Free moodle website setup? yes im up for that. how would i do it?

Cheers

Thank Post
    NineHub | Free, Easy, Reliable and Secure Moodle Hosting will be what your looking for then!

Thank Post
    Cheers for that. On the face of it, it looks like almost everything i need. The only thing is, it seems too good to be true haha. The whole thing set up for me in seconds free of charge and can be used for universities and colleges. The site is down at the moment, it keeps coming up with the following error everytime i click on a link:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Lets see what tomorrow brings

Thank Post
    Well if you cant wait until tomorrow you could use this site:

Test Site

Username: admin
    Password: PM me

This is the site I setup earlier on the free web host, its yours to do with as you like if you want?

Thank Post
    Cheers for that but unfortunatly i kinda have to do this myself due to the large 12,000 word report i have to write on my vle and how it was all set up lol

Thank Post
    It's realy quite simple! all you need is domain, hosting, cpanel and download and extract to root - Installing Moodle - MoodleDocs

Thank Post

I also need some help with working off line.

I already have a Moodle site going on a server and i put a lot of work into it but i want to be able to continue working on it away from having to be connected to the internet all the time.

Im not at all an IT person so i am seeking the best solution so that i can work on my site on my Mac OS X and later upload it to my already working Moodle site.

How do i do this any help please. I am using InMoting as my server and Moodle 2.2 .
    thank you for any help and advice!
    René

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlytrueway View Post
    Im not at all an IT person so i am seeking the best solution so that i can work on my site on my Mac OS X and later upload it to my already working Moodle site.
    I'm guessing you'd be able to do it by installing Moodle on your Mac OS X machine and syncing it in some way with your live server. Moodle is basically a PHP-with-SQL application, so it should (hopefully) be a case of copying the contents of your Moodle directory, any user file stores, and your SQL database around. You'd probably have to make sure you stopped the SQL database first before copying files over, but that should pretty much do it.

Thank Post

Question help in moodle installing on 000webhost

hi i yhave been trying to install moodle on 000webhost but during uploading it stop at the folder "webservice" nearly 2000 files could not be transfered
    could you please help me

Quote Originally Posted by danIT View Post
    Well if you cant wait until tomorrow you could use this site:

Test Site

Username: admin
    Password: PM me

This is the site I setup earlier on the free web host, its yours to do with as you like if you want?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12