+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, SIMS Timetable Module for Moodle in Technical; Originally Posted by Gatt This was something out Deputy Head asked - on the STAFF timetables so they can click ...
  1. #31
    penfold_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    929
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    This was something out Deputy Head asked - on the STAFF timetables so they can click on the class code and get a list of the pupils in that class?

    Not sure how feasable that would be...
    Hi Gatt,

    In the latest version of the module links the course name to the moodle course. I will upload this tomorrow when i get back into work.

    For the course page there is a link in the top left hand corner for participants, this will list everyone on the course.

    Also the updated version reduces the configuration burden for users, could you test and see if it works out of the box?

  2. Thanks to penfold_99 from:

    Gatt (21st January 2009)

  3. #32

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    Hi penfold - just test the new Mod - and its a hell of a lot easier! (though needed to change the block php file from :

    PHP Code:
       $this->content->text '<a target="_self" href="'.$blockwww.'/mod/simstimetable/view.php">My Timetable</a>'
    to
    PHP Code:
       $this->content->text '<a target="_self" href="'.$blockwww.'/moodle/mod/simstimetable/view.php">My Timetable</a>'
    to work with my site as I dont have moodle in my Root Directory..

    Also, the Mod files - any chance you can put them into a sub-dir ease the deployment (eg Zip File/mod/simstimetable/files) - saves creating it on the Server..
    Last edited by Gatt; 21st January 2009 at 07:51 AM.

  4. #33
    apeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,612
    Thank Post
    95
    Thanked 115 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    41
    Nice work mate and the code is alot tidier but the 2 week timetable wont work because of this bit:

    PHP Code:
        $days = array('Mon' => 1'Tue' => 2'Wed' => 3'Thu' => 4'Fri' => 5,
                      
    '1Mon' => 1'1Tue' => 2'1Wed' => 3'1Thu' => 4'1Fri' => 5,
                      
    'Mon1' => 1'Tue1' => 2'Wed1' => 3'Thu1' => 4'Fri1' => 5,
                      
    '2Mon' => 1'2Tue' => 2'2Wed' => 3'2Thu' => 4'2Fri' => 5,
                      
    'Mon2' => 1'Tue2' => 2'Wed2' => 3'Thu2' => 4'Fri2' => 5); 
    What happens is that it only prints 2 tables with 1 filled and 1 blank i.e. week 1 table is filled and week 2 table is blank. The week 1 table is wrong because the above code will override week 2 timetable with week1. For example a student has maths in '1Mon 1' (week 1 monday period 1) and English in '2Mon 1' (week 2 monday period 1) so if you take the period out (ie 1Mon and 2Mon) and apply the array above both of em will end up with a value of 1. I should have mentioned that the kids have different timetables for each week.

    I havent really looked it too closely just yet as im working on something else but when i get a chance i'll try and bash it to work.

  5. #34
    penfold_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    929
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Hi penfold - just test the new Mod - and its a hell of a lot easier! (though needed to change the block php file from :

    PHP Code:
       $this->content->text '<a target="_self" href="'.$blockwww.'/mod/simstimetable/view.php">My Timetable</a>'
    to
    PHP Code:
       $this->content->text '<a target="_self" href="'.$blockwww.'/moodle/mod/simstimetable/view.php">My Timetable</a>'
    to work with my site as I dont have moodle in my Root Directory..

    Also, the Mod files - any chance you can put them into a sub-dir ease the deployment (eg Zip File/mod/simstimetable/files) - saves creating it on the Server..
    Hi gatt,

    thanks for testing, i will repackage for you.

    I will try and find a way of getting the block link to work correctly.

  6. #35
    penfold_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    929
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Hi penfold - just test the new Mod - and its a hell of a lot easier! (though needed to change the block php file from :

    PHP Code:
       $this->content->text '<a target="_self" href="'.$blockwww.'/mod/simstimetable/view.php">My Timetable</a>'
    to
    PHP Code:
       $this->content->text '<a target="_self" href="'.$blockwww.'/moodle/mod/simstimetable/view.php">My Timetable</a>'
    to work with my site as I dont have moodle in my Root Directory..

    Also, the Mod files - any chance you can put them into a sub-dir ease the deployment (eg Zip File/mod/simstimetable/files) - saves creating it on the Server..

    Hi Gatt,

    could you swap $blockwww to $CFG->wwwroot and see if that removes the need for /moodle?

  7. #36
    penfold_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    929
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Nice work mate and the code is alot tidier but the 2 week timetable wont work because of this bit:

    PHP Code:
        $days = array('Mon' => 1'Tue' => 2'Wed' => 3'Thu' => 4'Fri' => 5,
                      
    '1Mon' => 1'1Tue' => 2'1Wed' => 3'1Thu' => 4'1Fri' => 5,
                      
    'Mon1' => 1'Tue1' => 2'Wed1' => 3'Thu1' => 4'Fri1' => 5,
                      
    '2Mon' => 1'2Tue' => 2'2Wed' => 3'2Thu' => 4'2Fri' => 5,
                      
    'Mon2' => 1'Tue2' => 2'Wed2' => 3'Thu2' => 4'Fri2' => 5); 
    What happens is that it only prints 2 tables with 1 filled and 1 blank i.e. week 1 table is filled and week 2 table is blank. The week 1 table is wrong because the above code will override week 2 timetable with week1. For example a student has maths in '1Mon 1' (week 1 monday period 1) and English in '2Mon 1' (week 2 monday period 1) so if you take the period out (ie 1Mon and 2Mon) and apply the array above both of em will end up with a value of 1. I should have mentioned that the kids have different timetables for each week.

    I havent really looked it too closely just yet as im working on something else but when i get a chance i'll try and bash it to work.
    hi apeo,

    that array is correct, the problem is do to will how i add lessons to the array before printing.

    The timetables are printing out on top of each other i just need to add the correct off set.

  8. #37

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    That worked a treat penfold!!

  9. #38
    penfold_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    929
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Hi Gatt, Apeo

    I have updated to the latest version, if you could download and test i would be grateful.

    The latest version includes the link to from the timetable to the course.

  10. #39

    Hightower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    4,920
    Thank Post
    494
    Thanked 690 Times in 444 Posts
    Rep Power
    241
    Can anybody help me configure FreeTDS for Ubuntu 8.04LTS?

    I've done a "sudo apt-get install freetds-dev" successfully but when editing /etc/freetds.conf I get a blank file - is this normal and do I have to populate it myself?

  11. #40

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    Nice one - though in the block_simstimetable.php you need to change /mod/simstimetable/ to mod/simstimetable/

    Sorry - meant to remove it myself in my previous quote..

    For some reason if its there it ignores the $CFG->wwwroot entirely!!

  12. #41

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Can anybody help me configure FreeTDS for Ubuntu 8.04LTS?

    I've done a "sudo apt-get install freetds-dev" successfully but when editing /etc/freetds.conf I get a blank file - is this normal and do I have to populate it myself?
    Hmm this should have had some default content IIRC..

    Mine is like so //

    Code:
    # $Id: freetds.conf,v 1.12 2007/12/25 06:02:36 jklowden Exp $
    #
    # This file is installed by FreeTDS if no file by the same 
    # name is found in the installation directory. 
    #
    # For information about the layout of this file and its settings, 
    # see the freetds.conf manpage "man freetds.conf". 
    # Global settings are overridden by those in a database
    # server specific section
    [global]
    host = [sql server ip]\[sql server instance]
    port = [port number for sql server]
    client charset = UTF-8
    tds version = 9.0
    text size = 20971520
     
     
    # A typical Sybase server
     
    # A typical Microsoft server
     
    the tds version needs to be set to your SQL Server version

    9.0 is SQL 2005

  13. #42

    Hightower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    4,920
    Thank Post
    494
    Thanked 690 Times in 444 Posts
    Rep Power
    241
    And also - I've set up two scheduled tasks on the server (as the documentation says)

    SIMS2AD
    SIMS2AD_access_manager

    When they run I get the errors:

    Code:
    Script: D:\SIMS2AD\SIMS2AD.vbs
    Line: 259
    Char: 1
    Error: Table does not exist.
    Code: 80040E37
    Source: Provider
    and

    Code:
    Script: D:\SIMS2AD\SIMS2AD_access_manager.vbs
    Line: 222
    Char: 1
    Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    Code: 80004005
    Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBS Drivers
    Respectively.

    I've tried to follow the instructions exactly as written in the documentation.

  14. #43

    Hightower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    4,920
    Thank Post
    494
    Thanked 690 Times in 444 Posts
    Rep Power
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Hmm this should have had some default content IIRC..

    Mine is like so //

    Code:
    # $Id: freetds.conf,v 1.12 2007/12/25 06:02:36 jklowden Exp $
    #
    # This file is installed by FreeTDS if no file by the same 
    # name is found in the installation directory. 
    #
    # For information about the layout of this file and its settings, 
    # see the freetds.conf manpage "man freetds.conf". 
    # Global settings are overridden by those in a database
    # server specific section
    [global]
    host = [sql server ip]\[sql server instance]
    port = [port number for sql server]
    client charset = UTF-8
    tds version = 9.0
    text size = 20971520
     
     
    # A typical Sybase server
     
    # A typical Microsoft server
     
    the tds version needs to be set to your SQL Server version

    9.0 is SQL 2005
    Where is your freetds.conf stored? Is it /etc/freetds.conf?

  15. #44

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,658
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 646 Times in 429 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    yeah - sometimes a blank file means the file isnt there..

    might be worth doing
    Code:
    whereis freetds.conf
    to find out if its been put somewhere else!

    But IIRC it should default to /etc

  16. #45

    Hightower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    4,920
    Thank Post
    494
    Thanked 690 Times in 444 Posts
    Rep Power
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Where is your freetds.conf stored? Is it /etc/freetds.conf?
    Never mind - found the location

    Just the Scheduled tasks I'm having trouble with at the minute?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SIMS.Net & Timetable planning
    By Ravening_Wolf in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 4th November 2009, 03:27 PM
  2. SIMS Lesson Monitor Timetable Structure
    By Sylv3r in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th March 2009, 09:45 PM
  3. Timetable T6 or Sims.net confused
    By training_needed in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th June 2008, 10:07 AM
  4. Sims Timetable Front end
    By Jamie_a in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th March 2007, 04:49 PM
  5. Moodle Blog Module SQL Injection Vulnerability - Heads Up
    By OutToLunch in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th October 2006, 02:25 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •