just wanted to know whether i works with LDAP Capture.
just wanted to know whether i works with LDAP Capture.
What i wanted to tell you is our SIMS.net server is on different domain and our Network users are on different domain.
Our moodle LDAP Caputure is authenticated to Network users Domain.
Can you give me some details on Access Manager Please,
we just wanted to pull Timetable from sims.net onto moodle, where as documents for SIMS2AD - Access Manager says to control student access to an education establishments computer network via sims.net.
Is that all the thing in the Contents(from documentation) as to be done to pull timetable from sims.net?
Anyone doing something similar for Facility/ePortal and Moodle?
Good morning all,
Glad I've found this thread. I wonder if you can help me with getting SIMS.net timetables into moodle.
Firstly here's a brief summary of my setup.
I've got moodle setup using LDAP capture to create the accounts. My AD and Sims.net are totally seperate and don't talk to each other. When we get new students' they're manually created in AD, or batch creation with a csv file.
Basically I want to be able to pull student timetables across from sims but don't know the best way to go about this.
If I was to follow this document integrating moodle and sims etc would it do what I want it to do? Am I right in thinking that when a student or staff was then added to sims it would create a user in AD automatically?
I realise I'd have to populate the employee id field in AD with the students upn number and staff's staffcode.
I'm just a bit confused.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well we are trying to integrate sims with moodle, firstly we should have employeeID in AD for each account and should set to UPN for student and Staff code for staff.
This is to link AD users with SIMS.net, As far i think when account is created on SIMS.net it wont create on AD account automatically.
Rest all is in the moodle doucmentation.
Well we got stuck at adding employeeID field to AD profile.
The documentation use to include a feature which would autocreate users ad when they were enroled on sims. I have removed it as i'm am currently re-writing this module to allow for greated flexibility.
Install FreeTDS if required. (this normal stops it working if not setup correctly)
download, install and configure the SIMS.net enrolment plugin, but dont enable it.
download, install and configure the SIMS.net timetable block
Then hopefully it should magically work
In Our AD employeeID field doesnot appear.
Any suggestions Please.
Last edited by kieran8055; 29th April 2009 at 03:21 PM.
kieran8055 (29th April 2009)
I have update SIMS.net Timetable Block for Moodle to version 1.2.1.
FIXED: Course links with incorrect course id numbers.
I've followed the following steps to enable Employee ID in ADUC.
Modifying the Active Directory Users and Computers Shortcut Menu
Now that we have the script created, we need a way to call it from the ADUC GUI. To do this we will need to edit the Properties of the user-Display object. The following steps will facilitate this functionality:
1. Open ADSI Edit (located in the Support Tools folder of the Windows Server 2003 CD)
2. Expand the CN=Configuration node and navigate to CN=DisplaySpecifiers, CN=409. Select the 409 node in the left hand pane.
3. In the right-hand pane, select the CN=user-Display object. Right click and select Properties.
4. Select the adminContextMenu attribute and click Edit.
5. We now need to add the value that will be used to create the additional menu item and direct it to the employeeID.vbs script. The syntax is very important. Be sure to include the comma at the beginning and after the menu name (Employee-ID). Add the following syntax to the Value to Add: line:
6. Change the servername and sharename items to reflect your current environment and then click Add.
7. Click OK to accept the changes and close ADSI Edit.
8. Allow some time for replication to populate the changes throughout the directory.
9. Open ADUC and select a user. Right click on the user and notice the new menu item now available.
10. Select Employee-ID to launch the script from within the ADUC
11. From here we can either enter a new value for the employeeID attribute for the user or hit Cancel to leave the current value intact. (Note: If no value is present in the field, then the attribute value is empty for that user.)
That’s it; we have extended the schema functionality to expose a hidden attribute for editing via the ADUC interface using VBScript. If the popup is not visible, be sure replication has occurred and double check that the path given in ADSI Edit is valid.
This opens up almost endless possibilities for modifications without knowledge of C++ or advanced coding languages that will enhance functionality of the ADUC snap-in for your administrators. The script code:
On Error Resume Next
Set objemployeeID = Wscript.Arguments
Set objUser = GetObject(objemployeeID(0))
objTemp = InputBox("Current Employee-ID: " & objUser.employeeID & VbCrLf _
& vbCRLF & "If you would like enter a new number or modify the existing number, enter the new number in the textbox below")
if objTemp <> “” then objUser.Put “employeeID”,objTemp
If Err.Number = “-2147024891″ Then
MsgBox “You current account does not have permission” & VbCrLf _
& “to modify the Employee ID attribute. Please” & VbCrLf _
& “log on with an account with appropriate permissions.”, 16, “Permission Denied”
Set objUser = Nothing
Set objemployeeID = Nothing
Set objTemp = Nothing
It shows Employee Id when I right click a user but at the moment when I click it i get a scripting error message (please see attached error message image).
any ideas, am I just being stupid?
kieran8055 (30th April 2009)
It sounds like an encoding issue. Did you use something like WordPad to save the script file. Try deleting it and recreating it with Notepad.
Thanks for your response.
I saved the script in notepad. I've tried re saving it using different encoding but not joy :-(
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)