+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle - Automatically Enrolling students to courses in Technical; Am i right in thinking that you are allowing students to 'self enrol' on courses? So everybody logs on and ...

Thank Post
    Am i right in thinking that you are allowing students to 'self enrol' on courses? So everybody logs on and gets authenticaed users status, authenticated user can self enrol on a course and the default enrollment type is set to 'Student'?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danIT View Post
    Am i right in thinking that you are allowing students to 'self enrol' on courses? So everybody logs on and gets authenticaed users status, authenticated user can self enrol on a course and the default enrollment type is set to 'Student'?
    Yep but when added to the student group they automatically enroll on all courses.

Thank Post

in that case..

if you're happy going into Roles and Permissions you could override permissions in the particular course where this forum is and prevent students from starting new discussion topics - I'm copying and pasting the next bit:
    Overrides
    Overrides are specific permissions designed to override a role in a specific context, allowing you to "tweak" your permissions as required.

For example, if users with the role Student in your course can usually start new discussions in forums, but there is one particular forum for which you want to restrict that capability, then you can set an override that PREVENTS the capability for Students to "Start new discussions".

If you want to do it, go to assign roles in the course concerned, click on override permissions and then student and then scroll down to the forums bit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlife View Post
    if you're happy going into Roles and Permissions you could override permissions in the particular course where this forum is and prevent students from starting new discussion topics - I'm copying and pasting the next bit:
    Overrides
    Overrides are specific permissions designed to override a role in a specific context, allowing you to "tweak" your permissions as required.

For example, if users with the role Student in your course can usually start new discussions in forums, but there is one particular forum for which you want to restrict that capability, then you can set an override that PREVENTS the capability for Students to "Start new discussions".

If you want to do it, go to assign roles in the course concerned, click on override permissions and then student and then scroll down to the forums bit.
    I know that but the problem is the students are not part of a user group.

Thank Post
    Have you added the students via Site Admin>Users>Permissions>Assign System Roles? If this is the case you should remove them from there and only assign (or allow them to enrol via a key etc) in each individual course.

Thank Post
    They become part of a group if they enrol on the course, providing its setup correctly?

If you gave me a login i could fix, PM me!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12