+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Changing the way course lists are displayed in moodle 1.8 in Technical; Afternoon Guys, Just a quickie.... I am creating an area for parents to get various bits of info for the ...

Thank Post

Changing the way course lists are displayed in moodle 1.8

Afternoon Guys,

Just a quickie....

I am creating an area for parents to get various bits of info for the school and would like to change the apperance of the list of courses I have setup for this.

Please see the attached screenshots. Can you tell me how to switch between the different formats of course listings? I am currently using the one that has descriptions about the course, but id like to use the one that simply shows a list of course names.

Thanks Guys/Gals
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    anyone even understand what im trying to ask?

Thank Post
    Your going to have to modify the code I think, unless you can do this will mymoodle and blocks.

Some of the modifications here: http://moodle.coleggwent.ac.uk/cours...?id=58&topic=7 should point you in the right direction.

This: http://moodle.coleggwent.ac.uk/mod/r...ew.php?id=1921 might be what your trying to do.

If those don't help give us a bit more explanation / better screenshots of what your trying to do.

Cheers
    Jona

Thank Post
    I presume what you mean is that you want to display the contents of the catergory to Parents in a simple list without the course summaries been shown?

The post above is correct, without code changes this is not possible. You might be able to do something fancy with the CSS but this would change the look for all categories not just 'Parents'.

All i can suggest is that you either create a HTML block on the front page of your site called Parents and link to each course, that we you have control over the layout.

Or create a course which links to each of these course, perhaps a meta course?

Thank Post
    Thats weird because a lot of the sites I have been browsing through seem to do this quite a lot. They have a mixture of normal courses with the description and in other places they just have the list with the course titles only.

Jon

Thank Post
    Possibly because a teacher is not assigned to the course?

Or because...

There is a setting in moodle called 'course manager' this tells moodle which role and user to display on the course listing page.

For most installs its set to Teacher, but if you copied the 'teacher' role and created a new role called 'hidden teacher' then the two roles would have the same permissions but only the 'teacher' role would be shown on the course listing page.

Effectively you could then assign teachers to courses as 'hidden teachers' without there name appearing on the listings page, but for those courses where you want a teacher to appear use the regular 'teacher' role.

Catch my drifter?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread