+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, VLEs in Norfolk - Fronter the only choice? in Technical; @edsbishop - What MIS are you using? We're currently reviewing our MIS options and Fronter integration is at the top ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @edsbishop - What MIS are you using? We're currently reviewing our MIS options and Fronter integration is at the top of my list of required features (other users may have other priorities for the MIS).

Thank Post
    I thought that, rather than VLE's "offering something to us", VLE's are what you make them. Most of them seem to be able, users and creators willing, to be singing, dancing, living things. Some are admittedly, blank canvases waiting to be painted, maybe it depends on what the initial users do with theirs to encourage others to do similar (or conversely, completely different) things.

Or perhaps it's what an LEA puts in for schools to tailor for their individual needs? Like a shared area or a web site, both of which require someone or everyone to contribute to the content, in order to be useful.

Thank Post

CMIS integration OK ish

We are CMIS, but connection probs mean that there is no dice - possibly our fault, possibly the county net connection 'solution', I am not the tech guy, and it is hard to know when 2 sources may be at fault - we have similar probs with the Fronter OES too.

We did have some 'interesting' times for the first 3 months, which resolved. We are not sure what currently causes our 500-student class and our roving extra y9 A2 course attendance, etc, however...

In my browsing of these blogs, people seem hacked off with sims, but with sims itself, and cmis seems unmentioned - I'm afraid on this basis I couldn't recommend one over the other - I think either have a good chance of becoming a replacement swear word in times of difficulty? Only a hunch, but I get the feeling that both Frog and Fronter did sims integration first, and that cmis integration is a little more up-and-coming. If all your classes have only one teacher, you may have a better time with cmis than we did, as that was a core problem for a while, however Fronter may have got this sorted natioanlly now? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    @edsbishop - What MIS are you using? We're currently reviewing our MIS options and Fronter integration is at the top of my list of required features (other users may have other priorities for the MIS).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12