+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle and Facility/Eportal in Technical; I am about to start looking at Moodle as a Learning Platform and I have been looking for ways that ...
    Thank Post

Moodle and Facility/Eportal

I am about to start looking at Moodle as a Learning Platform and I have been looking for ways that it could be integrated with Facility. I came across this Moodle: Modules and plugins which seems to work with Moodle 1.7/1.8. Is there anyone out there using this with 1.9? Are there any issues?

Anyone know of any other modules that allow links to Facility/Eportal?

Is using Moodle 1.8, better than 1.9? We intend to run Moodle on Linux/Ubuntu 8.04 server. Any known issues with this?

Thank Post
    i always try and stay 1 version behind the latest, mainly due to the fact its always being updated and hopefully allow plenty of time for modules to be updated tested.
    As the module is actively being used by the college/school(?) that developed the module im assuming it will get updated at some point.

1.8 or 1.9 its up to you get a a test site running both and see if you find which "works" for you

Running Ubuntu 8.04 with 1.8.5 on my development site for next year and will be doing so untill i know 100% for sure all my required plugins work in 1.9

Thank Post
    We are going to be implementing this module during the summer.

Thank Post
    Just to answer my original thread, I finally got round to installing the module mentioned at the top of this thread.

After wrestling with getting odbc/php (part of which was due to us running SQL on a named instance) side of this working for some time today. I am glad to report that I have got it running on Ubuntu 6.06 server. Is a great module for anyone running CMIS/Eportal!

I am going to recheck my instructions on latest LTS version tomorrow. I will hopefully post the updated docs on here, I am going to post to the Dev team as well.

Thank Post
    good stuff.

something ive been meaning to get done. but with being a 1 man band over the summer i only just got things updated to the latest versions.
    All my student accounts are setup, just need to work out the php/odbc connection bit.

Thank Post
    Hi I've just been reading your very interesting thread - I am in a school and also trying to sway our SMT to use Moodle instead of Kaliedos (from RM) - unfortunately I have very little knowledge of setting up the moodle package ie getting it to integrate with AD and user accounts - from what you seem to be saying this is not to complicated. Are there any sites you know of that have an idiots guide? Also I would be grateful if you could possibly e-mail me on the link below with a view to exchanging information

cheers

peter kinder

peterk16@st-thomasmore.derbyshire.sch.uk

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    Just to answer my original thread, I finally got round to installing the module mentioned at the top of this thread.

After wrestling with getting odbc/php (part of which was due to us running SQL on a named instance) side of this working for some time today. I am glad to report that I have got it running on Ubuntu 6.06 server. Is a great module for anyone running CMIS/Eportal!

I am going to recheck my instructions on latest LTS version tomorrow. I will hopefully post the updated docs on here, I am going to post to the Dev team as well.
    Brilliant news! I'm doing this in the next month or so as well, so very useful. Thanks

Thank Post
    In relation to question on Moodle AD integration.(see LDAP authentication - MoodleDocs) I also wrote a vbscript that helped me add the studentID to the description in AD, by reading the contents of the spreadsheet (where the Serco studentID was mapped to their AD account name)

I will be posting updated docs next week. I have also made contact with developer of this block to update the documentation.

I can also confirm it works on Ubuntu 8.04 server and moodle 1.9.2

Thank Post
    The Ubuntu documentation and information on how to connect to a SQL named instance has now been added to the documentation. See Moodle: Modules and plugins for more.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread