+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, VLE + LPPlus in Technical; I need to create an email account for every student in school. I thought about using the embc method so ...

Thank Post

VLE + LPPlus

I need to create an email account for every student in school. I thought about using the embc method so it would be student@schoolname.co.uk

However, I feel that by using LPPlus instead would be more sensible as its easier to manage... users bring their email account with them when they move schools and it will force them to access the VLE more.

How do I actually go about retreiving all the student email accounts and passwords?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I thought the guidelines for student email accounts was that they couldn't be identified by gender or location?

Ben

Thank Post

yeh probably.

Well the head wants students to have an account each. There must be a way for us to be able to print off all the usernames and passwords to give to them?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The LP+ accounts at the moment are userid@schoolname.lpplus.net, but they sit outside of the main sharepoint solution (as does their mysite) so it is possible to transfer that ... I am looking at the technicalities of this at the moment (also linked in with SSO with EMBC) and will give an update to schools at the next IT Managers' Meeting on the 6th June.

It is worth noting that the userid for students is the first two letters of their first name, the first two letters of the surname and then a 3 digit increment.

Amy Black would be ambl001 and Amish Block would be ambl002 ... and so on. User IDs are unique across the county.

We are going to create user accounts in school based on this User ID next year ... we have just got to work out how to match it in with other things.

Thank Post
    Ok thanks Tony,

I will just sit tight and wait then. I really don't fancy setting up users with an embc email account only to find they won't use the VLE so much.

Cheers again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information