I’ve sent a lot of people information about SharePoint and Microsoft Learning Gateway so thought it was time to put it all together in a single post. It would be great if you could add more links to resources.
· Microsoft SharePoint Site
· SharePoint User Group UK
· SharePoint User Group UK: Education Forum
· SharePoint Community Portal
Educational SharePoint add-on (Free)
· SharePoint Learning Kit
· Microsoft Learning Gateway Refresh
· Advanced Wikis, Blogs,
· Community Kit for SharePoint Education (Site Template)
· Moodle WebParts for SharePoint
Education SharePoint add-ons (Purchase)
· Course Builder VLE
· Scholaris VLE for SharePoint (available from Ergo
· Provisioning tool for SharePoint Learning Kit and other VLEs. Information pulled from MIS System
· Microsoft UK Education Site
· Microsoft Schools Blog
· Microsoft Education
· Microsoft Education Test Drive Website
Microsoft Learning Gateway
· Introduction to Microsoft Learning Gateway
· Microsoft Learning Gateway Website
· Community Kit for SharePoint: Education
· Microsoft Demo Site for Education
· Shirelands Collegiate Academy
· Long Eaton School
· Leeds Learning Gateway
· Other Education Case Studies from Microsoft
· Twynham School
• Resources for Education: Microsoft SharePoint
o SharePoint_Resources_DEC_2007.pdf - SharePoint Blogs
• Learning for the Future: A Vision of Connected Learning Communities. Microsoft document on BSF and the Microsoft Learning Gateway
o Learning for the Future: A Vision of Connected Learning Communities - SharePoint Blogs
• Building Schools for the Future Showcase
o Building Schools for the Future - Education - Microsoft UK
• Connected Learning Gateway: BETT Presentation
• Industry Insiders blog on SharePoint Learning Kit
o The Industry Insiders : Introduction to SCORM and SharePoint Learning Kit (SLK)
• Shirelands Learning Gateway
• Long Eaton
• BSF Showcase
• Silverlight Coding
o Silverlight usergroup
• New Line Learning Showcase at BETT
o Silverlight with SharePoint and Excel for Education - Alex Pearce's SharePoint Blog
• The Revolution in Education: A personal statement on the future of IT in Education
o The IT Revolution - Alex Pearce's SharePoint Blog
Very useful as looking at just this - Worth putting in the Wiki me thinks.
Great post mate bookmarked for future ref!
I have recently come across this thread and have become very excited with the possibilities of Sharepoint and what Twynham School have developed.
From the VLE they have developed it seems that it must provide real benefit to all users in their learning community. What particularly impressed me was the way parents can interact with their VLE to find out about their Childs progress.
At my school we are building our VLE from scratch using Office Sharepoint 2007. I have successfully made a team environment for our members of staff where they can make announcements and collaborate other information. It is also linked with one of our exchange public folders for staff to see the school calendar and we also have an area where we host links to other sites. Currently this is only available to staff but the hope is we can have this rolled out to all of our students and the vision is pupils and staff can login from home access their documents, shared drives, email and the big one is we allow parents to be able to see how their son or daughter is doing in school with statistics from our MIS system (CMIS/Eportal).
I wanted to ask if any other edugeek members may be able to share a useful contact/company who may be able to give us a solution similar to what is Twynham. I know its a long shot but thought I would give it a shot.
Glad you are looking/using SharePoint - its a great product and you can do so much more than just out the box features. I've installed the moodle web parts today and then published them through ISA. Took a while to do but again two great products integrating with each other.
The Twynham stuff will soon be on sale so you can buy from them and use it with both your CMIS or SIMs depending on which one you have.
Twynham are also presenting on the Microsoft stand at BETT so make sure you come and see them.
Ranj, I'm on the Tech desk on the Microsoft stand at BETT - make sure you come and say hello - I would love to come to your school to see what you are doing - we are both in Birmingham :-)
the kraal - SharePoint and ICT in the Education Community
Just some from my favorites marked for future ref. not sure where you'd want to categorise them.
Blogs - Learning Gateway User Group
EduTech's Blog - Learning Gateway User Group < My Learning Gateway Blog - may find a few things on there
Heather Solomon - MVP, WSS - SharePoint Branding and Design
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...223711033.aspx < another 4 masterpages
Mark Harrison: Sharepoint Master Page samples
Minimal SharePoint Master Page
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)