+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Sharepoint Mysite question in Technical; Dear All We just started implementing Office sharepoint server 2007 and have a question. We have exchange 2003 OWA here ...
    Thank Post

Sharepoint Mysite question

Dear All

We just started implementing Office sharepoint server 2007 and have a question.

We have exchange 2003 OWA here and when we setup the pages on sharepoint, we have a whole school site page and staff also have there own [B]mysite [B] page. At the moment the mysite page is fairly static and just has the generic sharepoint stuff. It has a myinbox for example which can link into exchange but the problem is so I have found that the user has to manually enter the exchange server address before they can see there inbox, calender etc.

Is there a way to roll this out for all users either via a sharepoint group policy or any other way.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Thank Post
    The my web parts have to be manually set up by the user. It is their my space. I guess its similar to setting up outlook on your computer?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    Dear All

We just started implementing Office sharepoint server 2007 and have a question.

We have exchange 2003 OWA here and when we setup the pages on sharepoint, we have a whole school site page and staff also have there own [B]mysite [B] page. At the moment the mysite page is fairly static and just has the generic sharepoint stuff. It has a myinbox for example which can link into exchange but the problem is so I have found that the user has to manually enter the exchange server address before they can see there inbox, calender etc.

Is there a way to roll this out for all users either via a sharepoint group policy or any other way.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks
    Hi there - you are able to actually specify which webparts show what without the end user having to type anything in - it can be configured using the shared pages.

Let me know if your having trouble

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    You still have to personalise the add ins for exchange though don't you as they need to know the username of where to look and you cannot use the usual %username% wildcard as that doesn't work

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You still have to personalise the add ins for exchange though don't you as they need to know the username of where to look and you cannot use the usual %username% wildcard as that doesn't work
    No - Sharepoint *should* if its configured correctly, pass the username to the Exchange webpart, thus meaning that you dont need to configure anything.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    I've spent weeks trying, and as far as I can see you have to, despite it being set and reading Active D correctly, the My Inbox webpart thats built into it has to be set to a username on the setup.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread