+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter Passwords?? in Technical; Originally Posted by GrumbleDook Try not to take this the wrong way ... the fact that he felt that he ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Try not to take this the wrong way ... the fact that he felt that he *had* to bring it here after he had a been told one thing and it was clear that it was not the correct solution / answer, and he felt that trying to contact other schools that might be able to clear things up would be preferable to just burying his head in his hands is exactly the reason why asking the question here was a good idea.

If we want to trace it back, the fact that he may not be aware of what the NEN / BECTA roadmap is may not be his fault (thanks for putting the link up cybernerd) but due to a lack of communication on many fronts.
    Fronter is his best port of call ... end of story.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
    Fronter is his best port of call ... end of story.
    Hmm ... the OP says he has a problem with Fronter that, in spite of asking why, he is not getting information about.

He has asked if others have come across the same?

Yeah ... I can really see how calling the Fronter support desk would answer his question. I suggest you go back and read the original post ... and then think carefully before you post.

3. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

webman (28th January 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Hmm ... the OP says he has a problem with Fronter that, in spite of asking why, he is not getting information about.

He has asked if others have come across the same?

Yeah ... I can really see how calling the Fronter support desk would answer his question. I suggest you go back and read the original post ... and then think carefully before you post.
    Because they can.

Yes I did read his first post and I told him he went to the wrong place to ask the question then told him the correct place and a direct phone number.

Can't be bothered to argue over this anymore if he doesn't want to lift a phone up and have a phone conversation with some people I know can help him then thats his own look out.

Not my problem and I'm not going to talk about it anymore...

5. 2 Thanks to Fedaykin:

Oops_my_bad (28th January 2008), webman (28th January 2008)

Thank Post
    Not my problem and I'm not going to talk about it anymore...
    Must remember that Fedaykin. Have a problem in future and you need help i am sure everyone will be jumping through hoops to help you......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well when have solved problem (if that is by calling fronter) can you post the answer up for other people. Hence why this site exists to provide community with selfhelp and support.

Russell

Thank Post
    Sorry to go OT but with the new thanks system is this going to lead to bouts of Irono-thanking (tm) as further up?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    I've been using Fronter since November (not rolled it out to the school yet) and I've come across a problem with student passwords. We imported our MIS data and all staff and student were allocated a username and password - I was able to view them all so I can distribute them.

Sometime between then and now all the student usernames have changed and passwords are no longer viewable. I called the LgFL and they said the usernames has changed to reflect the usernames that we use to logon to our network - they bear no resemblance to them!! As they don't seem to be able to offer me an explanation as to why they had changed.

Has anybody else seen this? I need to find a way to bulk reset the passwords at the same time!

Adam.
    It sounds like your usernames have been updated to be USO usernames/passwords. If you are not familiar with USO (Unified Sign on) it is a service provide through Atomwide by LGfL which integrates with your AD so that you have one username and password which gains you access to ALL system.

I would advise you contact your LA and they will be able to give you more information about the USO and how it has been implemented.

Regards

Tom Soron
    Fronter UK

Thank Post
    @Fronter

Tom, it was the USO in the end and it took a fair amount of time to get this info out of the LA - someone decided it would be a good idea to implement it without telling anyone! Once they put me in contact with Atomwide the problem was resolved.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12