+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter: Hopefully a simple one! in Technical; Hi, I'm trying to update our Fronter classrooms/users for the start of the new year, but I'm having problems. We ...

Thank Post

Question Fronter: Hopefully a simple one!

Hi,

I'm trying to update our Fronter classrooms/users for the start of the new year, but I'm having problems.
    We import them from the office computer through Sims.

Firstly, all students have been imported, which is good, but only 3 of 6 classrooms have been imported.
    I've tried running the importer a few times, with no success. (It has worked fine since running Fronter, it's just this year this has happened)

The 3 classes which have a classroom, this is shown in the "Room Membership" section of the classes org unit area (which shows who the teacher is and which students are enrolled to this room) but the other 3, have nothing under "Room Membership".

After having no success, I've made a copy of last years classrooms for the archived area (to use with the 3 classes which haven't had a room imported) but I can't find anywhere to manually add students to these new rooms (I don't mind going through each class and selecting the 30 odd students per class, just as long as they have a room they can see when they log in)

Thanks for any help.

Thank Post
    Just an update:

After searching around Fronter some more today, I've been able to add the imported class groups for this new school year (the 3 classes who didn't have a room assigned to them), to the appropriate classrooms that I un-archived, then copied yesterday.

I was originally looking in the Admin module, but eventually found the option when going to the classroom I copied, clicking on the Members button, then clicking the Edit button in the top right. This allowed me to search for the group of students and then give them all student write access. Did the same for the teacher too so they can update the room.

Thought I'd update in case anyone needs help with this and they find this thread.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread