+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, SharePoint online & syncing network stores in Technical; Hello, We have Office365 for Education with SharePoint online. Have set up a new website with storage limit 205400mb (works ...

Thank Post

Angry SharePoint online & syncing network stores

Hello,

We have Office365 for Education with SharePoint online. Have set up a new website with storage limit 205400mb (works out at about 200GB). My plan is to set up two network stores on a dedicated server/computer. One drive will be our onsite resources drive and the other will be a mapped drive to the library on share point online. I have managed to do this fine, however the library online says max 40gb.

I have tried to find out what the limit is for lists/libraries on share point online but cant seem to find 40gb mentioned anywhere. I was wondering if anyone can help? Can i increase the size or any other solutions?

Thank you,
    William

Thank Post
    I would recommend that you don't use a single document library - There isn't a limit on the say a document library can have but I would look at creating several document libraries that maybe match the top level folders from your share. The thing to look out for is the 5000 item limit in a document library. You also need to ensure that any file names don't have any of the characters that SharePoint doens't like such as the '&' sign. SharePoint users the file name as the URL so it can't user the & as it means something else in the browser/

3. Thanks to apearce from:

william_tropico (11th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Thank you Alex,

I was looking at single libraries for each department but wanted to make it as easy as possible for teachers (for obvious reasons ). Hopefully I wont run out of mapped drives on my test machine.

Thank you,
    William

Thank Post
    we've done it for a few customers but not the mapping part - each subject had their own site collection and we migrated their work into that section/document library. With a bit of image navigation and staff getting familiar to using the browser rather than a mapped network drive they preferred the browser as it was the same experience at home.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread