+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Any recommendations for a Primary VLE? in Technical; Hi folks - I'm currently looking into the possiblity of implementing a VLE which will be shared between an infant ...
    Thank Post

Any recommendations for a Primary VLE?

Hi folks - I'm currently looking into the possiblity of implementing a VLE which will be shared between an infant and a junior school. Has anyone every done this? Does anyone have any recommendations?

thanks

Thank Post
    Hi @jbutlin I am currently part of an ICT project team for our academy trust and one of our main priorities at the moment is to implement a VLE across all of our 15 academies (both Primary and Secondary)
    I understand you are trying to do this on a much smaller scale so some of the bespoke issues that we have encountered may not affect you

If you are looking for a system that is very user friendly for both staff and students at an Infant and Junior level then you should possibly take a look at eSchools www.eschools.co.uk/primary
    I saw them at BETT and they had an impressive platform on offer and I do believe their prices were very competitive, I can't quite remember exactly off the top of my head what they said in regards to sharing the VLE across different schools/locations but I do remember them saying this is possible

Might be worth a call/email/demo

3. Thanks to JamesBanks7 from:

jbutlin (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks James, that was one of the ones I was going to look at, as well Frog, or Learnanywhere. Moodle looks way too complicated for our needs, but I'm just starting out with my investigation, so any advice is very useful!
    cheers

Thank Post
    I think with your target age range being 4-12 VLE's like Frog and eSchools would definitely be engaging and enjoyable for your pupils; Moodle sites for such a young age can become complicated and put students off using them and then the hard work it takes to create and update them can then unfortunately be wasted. Also your teaching staff will struggle to push something they don't enjoy themselves or that takes a long time to create content

As long as you have a clear plan of what you require the VLE to do, ring some of these companies and they will be eager to meet your needs and send some of the members of their demo teams out to you and during the demos you can ask some more pressing questions which may crop up along the way

It does take time to get a good VLE up and running but once you have got it spot on the time spent is definitley worth it when you have teaching staff coming up to you saying how easier it is for them
    Good luck, if you have any more Q's just give me a shout and I'll try my best to help

6. Thanks to JamesBanks7 from:

jbutlin (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    I'm a primary ICT coord and having used Fronter for years, we've migrated to Frog and wouldn't look back!

Let me know any questions !

Thank Post
    We've not used it, but I liked the look of My Learning Ltd - Virtual Learning Platform provider for Primary and Secondary schools for my partner primaries.

Thank Post
    Hi @jbutlin and @JamesBanks7..I'm in a similiar scenario, I'm working with a school who are looking at a VLE platform across primary (3 schools) and Secondary(1 school). With others schools to be added in the future.

What did you guys go for in the end. Is it worth looking at one platform across the primary and secondary?

Thank Post
    @PermSingh - We are still in the early stages of meeting with the VLE companies to fine tune what we would like so we are still yet to chose a company
    The reason we haven't just picked one and gone straight for them is that we want it to be a success first time round and with the large amount of academies that we will end up rolling the system out to we couldn't really afford to get this wrong
    We also have just gone through the examination period in the schools which meant that the majority of SLT and headteachers were unavailable to join us to discuss the teaching and learning side of things

It definitely is worth looking at one platform across the primary and secondary as long as it suits the needs of all 3 primary schools and the secondary i.e. the content is customisable in order to adapt to the range of ages in which the system would be covering, This would also be cost effective for you meaning you've got money left over in your budget to spend on other equipment which you may require in the future, if you have any issues you are dealing with one VLE companies support team and not a long chain and it also makes it easier for any staff that may circulate between the schools as they are already familiar with the systems that are in place

Thank Post
    Thanks James, Appreciate you coming back to me.

We are in the same situation dont want to rush the VLE want to make sure we get the correct solution for the kids but keen to get the project moving.

Good luck with your VLE.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PermSingh View Post
    Hi @jbutlin and @JamesBanks7..I'm in a similiar scenario, I'm working with a school who are looking at a VLE platform across primary (3 schools) and Secondary(1 school). With others schools to be added in the future.

What did you guys go for in the end. Is it worth looking at one platform across the primary and secondary?
    Hi PermSingh- the project is on hold just at the moment, but we'll pick it up again in September. I managed to organise quite a few demos, and was particularly impressed with Frog, DB Primary and ESchools - quite a tough choice it turned out to be!

Thank Post
    in fact, to add to that, quite a few companies were on the cusp of developing something for more than one school at a time. ESchools in particular are developing multi-school VLEs as we speak, due to popular demand. DB Education were also really accommodating on that front, and I think Frog are also looking into it over the summer.

Thank Post
    You should also consider Learning Platform - itslearning | Home the perfect solution for academies, primaries or secondaries. Pedagogy and teaching and learning at the heart of this platform.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread