+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle Assignments in Technical; Hi all, I have this wierd problem that students can upload to moodle assignments and see the work they've uploaded ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Moodle Assignments

    Hi all,

    I have this wierd problem that students can upload to moodle assignments and see the work they've uploaded but neither the teachers nor I can see the submissions. Anyone got any idea whats going on? I'm stumped :/

    -Thanks
    Rob

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    79
    Thanked 288 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    check that they are actually enrolled in the course. they can be a global student which is enough to look like they are enrolled on the course.

    best way to do this is find a pupil, manually enroll them on the course and check to see if the assignment pops up in the teachers view.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    Aha!

    thats what it is. Trouble is we've got no enrollements on, so I guess I'll have to put keys onto the modules or something

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    79
    Thanked 288 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    enrolements can be as simple as just pushing a button on the first loook at a module.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    enrolements can be as simple as just pushing a button on the first loook at a module.
    I remember it being like that when i first set up moodle, but now everyone seems to be able to view everything without being enrolled, any idea what i've done? :?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    79
    Thanked 288 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    i did something similar to what i would imagine you've done.

    check the global assignment roles, no one should be a student.
    then check the then look at Administration / ► Users / ► Permissions / ► User policies and make sure that Default role for all users is NOT student. prob should be authenticated user.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    i did something similar to what i would imagine you've done.

    check the global assignment roles, no one should be a student.
    then check the then look at Administration / ► Users / ► Permissions / ► User policies and make sure that Default role for all users is NOT student. prob should be authenticated user.
    Aha! thats done it, Thanks!!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    79
    Thanked 288 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    no probs, big question is how it got like that!, for me i had the wrong perms set for the front page chat option, so setting all users to students got aroudn that.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    no probs, big question is how it got like that!, for me i had the wrong perms set for the front page chat option, so setting all users to students got aroudn that.
    I was trying to avoid having to enrol for modules but that has its own breed of problems!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    79
    Thanked 288 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    no probs, big question is how it got like that!, for me i had the wrong perms set for the front page chat option, so setting all users to students got aroudn that.
    I was trying to avoid having to enrol for modules but that has its own breed of problems!
    anything you'd like helpwith? our teacher enrollments were done from an ad exported csv file. then all were set to be global teachers. our students create there own accounts and confirm via school based email. loverly and easy so far!.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Moodle Assignments

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    no probs, big question is how it got like that!, for me i had the wrong perms set for the front page chat option, so setting all users to students got aroudn that.
    I was trying to avoid having to enrol for modules but that has its own breed of problems!
    anything you'd like helpwith? our teacher enrollments were done from an ad exported csv file. then all were set to be global teachers. our students create there own accounts and confirm via school based email. loverly and easy so far!.
    I think I'm alright with all that atm, but if i have any trouble I'll be sure to drop you a message

    Thanks Again!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Moodle again
    By wesleyw in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th May 2007, 03:31 PM
  2. Moodle
    By wesleyw in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29th March 2007, 10:24 AM
  3. Moodle
    By wesleyw in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21st March 2007, 03:02 PM
  4. Pen Drives & Letter assignments
    By Gatt in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th January 2006, 03:56 PM
  5. Do you Moodle?
    By RobC in forum Web Development
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 15th January 2006, 06:17 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •