+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, FROG Crashing and no customer access to the DRAC! in Technical; I am so disappointed with Frog. It would seem that ever since we had Frog OS installed parallel to Frog ...
    Thank Post

FROG Crashing and no customer access to the DRAC!

I am so disappointed with Frog.

It would seem that ever since we had Frog OS installed parallel to Frog 3 our server hangs - sometimes this will be once a month and sometimes this will be almost on a daily basis. Calls logged with Frog who say that when the server hangs we need to leave it so they can investigate the problem - which is no good as I then get stick from SMT and teaching staff because of the impact this has on teaching and learning. The server often falls over on a Friday at 8pm and if it is left the whole weekend it means that no students can do their homework - but if we want Frog to investigate then we have to wait until 8/9am on the Monday for their office to open and then probably have to wait most of the day for it to be escalated high enough to investigate\resolve the issue.

To date, I have been connecting on our VPN and using the DRAC card to reboot the server to save me having to drive to work to reboot the server to resolve this. Last night when the server failed at 9pm, no such luck as the login was not being recognised. I had to drive in to work to reboot the server. I contacted FROG first thing this morning who say that they changed the password as their is no customer access to the DRAC card!!! Are they having a laugh?!

My question is why restrict the access? We have access to reboot the server and access the console from our server room.

I'm pretty disappointed with Frog amd the way that a number of recent issues have been handled. I think it's time to look into alternative solutions. Sorry for the long rant, but for how much money we pay a year for this system you would expect it to work properly and the support to be of a decent standard.

Thank Post
    This doesn't sounds good

Will drop you a PM quickly about a few ideas.

Rich

Thank Post
    Hi Ed,

Bit late now, but just checking if this issue was resolved?

Did you call the service desk to see if they can grant you access to the DRAC card? (If this happens regularly)

Thanks

Matt

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fouldsy View Post
    Hi Ed,

Bit late now, but just checking if this issue was resolved?

Did you call the service desk to see if they can grant you access to the DRAC card? (If this happens regularly)

Thanks

Matt
    Yes this do get resolved in the end. I had to sign a disclaimer to gain access to the DRAC card. The access granted is very basic (cannot even see the console of the server through it) but it does give me the ability to reboot so should the server go down on a Saturday it can be rebooted so students can still do their homework.

Thanks, Ed

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread