+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Bloody Frog! We own the server & the warrany expired!??! in Technical; ...
    Thank Post
    Basic cost is a lot higher last I checked £20K but you are getting more then just a basic VLE.

We have gone down the RealSmart route which really does offer the basics and good integration with Google stuff and word press which is all free anyway. And no AD link and no SSO as well which I am not impressed with. This is the 5k ish payment + 4K a year.....

You are in a sense paying RealSmart for the portfolio which is very basic but "looks good" when comparing to moodle.

Thank Post
    thanks mthomas08

Thank Post
    You will likely spend more than 5k if you want frog to do any real legwork and the yearly cost is bases on student numbers. Frog is probably one of the most popular VLE's but if your buying into at the moment you probably will be buying FrogOS or Froglearn as they now call it which is still buggy and incomplete in my view.

Thank Post
    Want it to incorporate:
    Learning platform - content for individuals
    Communication with parents, teachers, students
    Upload teachers own work
    Assessment tools and dashboard.
    Integration with SIMS

Thank Post
    Frog may well be one of most popular VLE's but here in Staffs a number of schools have become very racked off with the direction of Frog Learn and the non ability to bring Frog 3 resources in to FL and many have dropped it. It's also the usual story from some of these schools of VLE's that; it's one persons love and baby and it never ever becomes whole school or embedded in to school life. That's an awfully expensive mistake to make when it's cost a school over £20k!

Certainly the experience of a number of schools I've spoken to recently.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funkyfin2000 View Post
    Frog may well be one of most popular VLE's but here in Staffs a number of schools have become very racked off with the direction of Frog Learn and the non ability to bring Frog 3 resources in to FL and many have dropped it. It's also the usual story from some of these schools of VLE's that; it's one persons love and baby and it never ever becomes whole school or embedded in to school life. That's an awfully expensive mistake to make when it's cost a school over £20k!

Certainly the experience of a number of schools I've spoken to recently.
    I am similarly hacked off with it, Frog just seem to pursue there own agenda or that of a select few when it comes to development. We are stuck with on Frog 3 at the moment which is really showing its age, simply because people have invested so much time training and developing resources for it and Frogs approach to the FrogLearn roll out seems to very much be, here you its now enabled on your server best of luck setting up and training your new VLE, there are some help guides and some videos on the communities.

Thank Post
    Just a quick question, is anyone on there new FrogOS here then?

My school is currently looking at it for a replacement to Moodle (not a decision driven by myself but by SLT who are convinced it is necessary to help rebrand and modernie the school). Everything on here is very negative about it, and personally having seen the new FrogOS as they are calling it there seemed to be very little actual substance and a lot of look it can do this and this and this.

Thank Post
    we have just started looking at frog again, with the possiblity of using the new system as a 'backend' so that the teacher can edit the content easily. The students would link to a totally public site with no login. The issue we have at the moment is that our frog is set to open with compatability mode (as we have had issues with frog 3 and IE10) but we now have problems when trying to use frogOS/Learn as this is also set to compatability mode (and shouldnt be). We are investigating using the theme to resolve this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    Just a quick question, is anyone on there new FrogOS here then?

My school is currently looking at it for a replacement to Moodle (not a decision driven by myself but by SLT who are convinced it is necessary to help rebrand and modernie the school). Everything on here is very negative about it, and personally having seen the new FrogOS as they are calling it there seemed to be very little actual substance and a lot of look it can do this and this and this.
    The problem is a lot of us are in schools with Frog3 we were loyal customers who developed our frog installations and achieved great things. FrogOS is developed for the Malaysian market, and we were all given the option to install and move forwards using it. Problem for most Frog3 schools is that we can't because the things we have working and implemented just do not exist in FrogOS. There is no migration strategy suggested by Frog because it's really start again from their point of view, Subsequently us Frog3 schools are really let down by Frog. And speaking with Frog for best part of 2 years on the subject has got us no further forward.

Now if your starting from scratch and FrogOs has what you need already then fine, but if your waiting for them to develop the other bits that Frog3 has and you might need for the future you could be in for a long wait like us Frog3 schools.
    Last edited by frogwoman; 27th March 2014 at 12:27 PM.

10. 3 Thanks to frogwoman:

chazzy2501 (11th July 2014), fs171 (27th March 2014), Tallwood_6 (27th March 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information