+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Online Learning Environment with KS2 and 3 content in Technical; Hello My school currently does not have a VLE, we used to use Moodle before I started but there were ...

Thank Post

Post Online Learning Environment with KS2 and 3 content

Hello

My school currently does not have a VLE, we used to use Moodle before I started but there were problems with the installation and unfortunately I've not had the time to start again from scratch with it (which is what I originally planned to do). The server it was hosted on has been reutilised so I wouldn't be able to try to fix the issues.

The pressure is on to set up a VLE before September, with my current workload I'm going to struggle to find time and our teachers wouldn't be able to add much content by this deadline.

Do you know of any hosted services which come with KS2 and 3 content on them? Particularly for English, Maths and Science.

If not is there any good SCORM content available for KS2 and 3? Most of what I can find online is targeted at KS4.

Thank you
    James

Thank Post

SCORM

SUMS.co.uk do SCORM packs of maths for KS2 which you can try out here (ironically on a Moodle site) SUMS Learning
    Also, Daydream education do some useful SCORM packs for younger children - my old school had them for Y7 and Y8 VLE Learning| VLE Education | VLE Content
    (and of course, I do have to say - why not get a hosted Moodle and you can add your own content to it? http://www.luns.net.uk/ do good value deal for primary schools, as well as other companies and Moodle partners.)

There are also sites which connect to your VLE (like Moodle ) which offer good content -https://www.iamlearning.co.uk/
    Last edited by secretlife; 20th May 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'll look into them.

Thank Post
    My schools are starting to look at J2eLaunch. I was given a demo at BETT but I've not really looked at it until recently. It seems quick and can be easily customised.
    Last edited by catshilllearning; 22nd May 2013 at 05:06 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread