+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle Assignment plugins in Technical; Hi Does anyone out there know of any easy to use plugins that would work with Moodle 2.4, I'm designing ...

Thank Post

Moodle Assignment plugins

Hi Does anyone out there know of any easy to use plugins that would work with Moodle 2.4, I'm designing a Moodle for the school I work at and I need something that will be easy for teachers to set homework and receive without any hassle, the feed back from staff is the default plugin for assignments isn't very intuitive and it will scare staff that aren't confident with using IT in lessons, which we want Moodle/the VLE to be the centre of each lesson and homework, so it has to be easy to use for everyone.

Thank Post
    the default one is perhaps not the most initiative but it is the default. as such you'll find tonnes of you tube videos, websites, forums and other training resources that can teach people how to use it. There is a learning curve but once they are other that it becomes pretty simple to use.
    Also most of the assignments plugins out there are extensions to the existing moodle assignments system. Not entriley new systems.

Thank Post
    Yeah I understand what you're saying, it's a training issue, but if a system is design for easy use, then you shouldn't need training. Most people download apps on iOS and Android and pick up on how to use them straight away. I just know staff won't use Moodle with its default fields for the assignment plugin. It needs to have either a box to write the assignment or a upload button for the teachers document, then a drop down menu for class or students and a submit button.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoundsZ View Post
    Most people download apps on iOS and Android and pick up on how to use them straight away.
    but then most android and ios apps aren't trying to do something as needful complicated.

It needs to have either a box to write the assignment or a upload button for the teachers document
    It has both of these. When you had an assignment here is a description filed. You can put the assignment brief in there. If the assignment is more complicated then you type something like 'click here to download', then highlight the text and click the link button. This will then let you upload the file you want to 'attach'

then a drop down menu for class or students and a submit button.
    not sure what you mean by this.
    all students will be assigned to Moodle courses. the assignments on a course will be available to all students on it.
    the student then clicks on the assignment and uploads there files as needed. When they click the final submit the teacher is alerted and can go and mark the assignment.
    There are a ton of options here also for due dates, assignment types, groups with course etc

Thank Post
    Right I'll have a play, it's not live yet. The problem with the assignments is that theres too many fields, we have quite mature teachers and even if you gave them CPD sessions on it, they would forget. The school was using frog and many days of training were put in place but none of the staff ever took to it and over all it was a waste of school budget. It might be that Moodle isn't for us as a school.

Thank Post
    The problem with the assignments is that theres too many fields.
    Let them know that they can just ignore the other fields. Then just focus on the fields you actually need to use and make sure they are documented and clear presented to the tutors.
    Many of our tutors here barely scratch the surface of Moodle and it's often the students that help drive them.

Be prepared to help them set up their assignments and remind them that one of the great things about Moodle is once you've got it setup in year one, then in year two everything is in and ready to go.

Thank Post
    I know this isn't what you want to hear as you're in the middle of setting up 2.4 but Moodler 2.5 (out the 14th) has completely revamped the fields and collapsed 90% of them so a teacher often just has to give it a name and description and they're ready to go - it is much much more user friendly for teachers.

Thank Post
    I'm testing out Moodle 2.5 out at the moment, I'm quite happy with it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread