+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog with Google Apps integration in Technical; Hi all, Wondering whether anyone has done this and have some feedback? I have setup Google Apps for Edu and ...

Thank Post

Frog with Google Apps integration

Hi all,

Wondering whether anyone has done this and have some feedback?

I have setup Google Apps for Edu and found it's pretty pants for class set tablets (multiple logins is a ball ache to manage)

It so happens we have Frog and I have been playing around with AD integration and SSO and followed these instructions:

Google Apps for Education - Frog Knowledge Base

My Google Apps Edu domain is registered with a Domian that we own (it's not the main one we use at school, we wanted keep students and staff separate )

The theory is that Fog will generate google apps ID for students and achieve single sign on from there.

I'm having trouble today since I have done this my Google Apps control panel gets diverted to frog server SSO now and either fails with a page not found error or get Metadata not found..locking myself out of google apps completely doh!

The good people at Frog are looking into it but anyone done this before and got it working?

Ta!

Thank Post
    Nope, not tried it but would be interested to find out if you do get it working.

You're probably better off getting Frog OS which is tablet friendly and is being rolled out to schools as we speak.

3. Thanks to j224 from:

MrWu (14th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Hello,

We did use FROG with Google Apps, using the KB article above and it worked and auto-created new users and signed them in automatically.

We have now stopped using SSO with FROG. Basically because most web-services, such as using the Google Drive client wouldn't work - the FROG Sign in page always presented an error. We now use the Google tool to sync our AD to Google Apps.

Thanks,

Rob

5. Thanks to robknowles from:

MrWu (14th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks Rob;

Yes the issue with Frog integration I found was when logging into Google Apps webpage direct, you get a Frog SSO error (I presume it's a Frog SSO limitation only working one way)

I got as far as getting rid of Metadata error message but I still get a Google Document error when creating a new document under Frog. Confusingly Frog has advised me to create a Frog account with the same name as the Super Admin on Google Apps which I thought contridicts what they say in the Knowledge Base.

I think the big issue with Andriod Tablets going prime time as a class set resource is that It does not work very well with multiple users logging on and off on the same Tablet. Frog was an option I'm looking at since the SSO code, from the looks of it, handles the log on / off routine.

Will definitely keep you guys posted, once we get the integration sorted will try and work with Frog to run FrogOS on top of it.

Thank Post
    Right, the user creation works, it turned out there was a time variance between google and my Frogserver

Although I can create new google user under frog, and create a document, when trying to edit the documents by opening this through Frog throws up a Frog SSO error through the Browser, so I am still trying to understand how integrated and seamless it should be....
    Last edited by MrWu; 15th May 2013 at 10:20 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread