+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, OpenHive VLE solution vs Office 365 in Technical; I am looking for some feedback from users of the OpenHive VLE solution. We currently use this but have been ...
    Thank Post

OpenHive VLE solution vs Office 365

I am looking for some feedback from users of the OpenHive VLE solution. We currently use this but have been disappointed with it for some time now. We also use OpenHive as our email provider and have had quite a few problems with the emails over the last couple of months that is getting past a joke. We are looking into the possibility of using Office 365 as an alternative in the long term but i need to know more about the Pro's and Cons of moving. TBH I am only really interested with how Openhive pulls out the student and staff timetables from Sims into the users Outlook and wondering if this can be done in Office 365.

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible about both but especially Office 365.

Thank Post
    We are about to take on Office365 with over 170 schools in Staffs. They are coming from RM's Learning Platform and taking on the new product from RM - RM Unify (Was launched at BETT) Check their website for details if interested.

RM Unify gives single sign on to multiple different educational cloud base services (and is growing) One of the first ones that it works with is Office 365. All users provisioned from your AD through to RM Unify and then in to Office 365 (or Google Apps!)

Going to be a big process and a large project but we are taking on all the options in Office365 for our schools including Exchange/Sharepoint etc.

Will let you know how we get on, but so far the signs are good!

It's interesting because Learning Platforms in themselves are clearly starting (have they already?) to die, we had a very good implementation in Staffs and still have about 90,000 hits and over 15k individual users a month to RM's LP, but clearly schools are looking at different things now (including their budgets!) and moving away from the traditional LP's. Office365 fits the gap very nicely along with the single sign on methodology used in RM Unify - I hope we are on to a winner!

Rich

PS - I have no experience of OpenHive as none of our schools use it in Staffs - we did see it as part of a demo brief a year or so ago and it looked similiar to what we had in RM's LP - IE SharePoint based. Maybe the identity management was more advanced.
    Last edited by funkyfin2000; 16th April 2013 at 09:32 AM.

3. Thanks to funkyfin2000 from:

Kyle (16th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks

Thank Post
    I would not recommend to use Openhive, their support is extremely poor.Whener they can't solve an issue they blame Microsoft sharepoint!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread