+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, VLE – Microsoft Learning Gateway – Ideas, Hints and Resource in Technical; We have recently installed our chosen VLE – The Microsoft Learning Gateway Solution. This is a fantastic product, its hugely ...

Thank Post

VLE – Microsoft Learning Gateway – Ideas, Hints and Resource

We have recently installed our chosen VLE – The Microsoft Learning Gateway Solution.

This is a fantastic product, its hugely compatible with most systems. Naturally being a Microsoft product it has seamless integration to the new Office 2007 Suite.

Post your Ideas, Hints and Resources here.

I shall be adding some content to this thread soon

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: VLE – Microsoft Learning Gateway – Ideas, Hints and Resource

The solution for Northamptonshire is an MSLG solution from LP+.

As we plan various bits and pieces, and start rolling it out, I will try and keep people updated about how it is going and how it is being used.

Or I will try and get some of the schools from the first few waves to do it too.

Thank Post

I would love to what benit2 is doing as we've just got an installation and have no idea how to start creating content personally which is trackable...

@Benit2 please reveal your secrets!!!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by kiran
    I would love to what benit2 is doing as we've just got an installation and have no idea how to start creating content personally which is trackable...

@Benit2 please reveal your secrets!!!
    Thanks for your message Kiran.

This will be a brief reply to your question, I am still digging out some stuff to add to this thread- its just finding the time.

We have only really just installed the VLE. We are reviewing packages for creating scorm content and quiz type content that provides automatic marking (thus making it trackable and personal). I felt we need to really research all products (free and $$$) as when we comit to one, and provide the training to staff we can not easily swap it.

Our deployment plan is to have all "subject resource shares" migrated into document libraries. This will get staff using the VLE to access the content they use allready.

We are mainly concentrating on this, as by using 1 document library per department (pupil side) we can create pages that pull information from the department document library for each of the topics based on the documents metadata. This in essence means when a member of staff uploads a document with the meta data "Y7" and "Hitler" it will be available in the subsite with this filter applied (in this case Y7>History>WW2>Hitler). This subsite can then contain other goodies such as hyperlinks and such.

Have you trialed any content creators yet Kiran? or Anyone else

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts

I'm keen to know more, we use it as our intranet and VLE, but not got round to the e-learning really, so keen to know more about that, but its a big hit, subjects are loving it, HoDs are loving it as well and the kids are impressed as well so all must be good.

Thank Post

Yes... we too are transferring all our shared drive resources to the relevant subsites on student and staff subject areas. However your idea of the filtering is far more interesting and complex which I might investigate too!!

As for the LG I am using Sharepoint Designer to make the Learning Gateway look and feel like our own corporate image - something which I am very keen on.

As for content - I have come across the http://exelearning.org/ which has been very decent but has very little in tracking. If this open source product had tracking it would be perfect. In terms of tracking I mean the ability for kids to enter the answer and it auto grade or send it to the teacher for it to be marked manually. Currently it only likes multiple choice. I am trying to find something like a drop box system. Commercial products have not been that good so far and one thing I desperately want is something where kids can enter / paste paragraphs of text into the answer so that a members of staff can review them manually!!!

Good luck... I have PM'd you too with my email address!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread