+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Kite in Technical; Is anyone using the above or have experience of it? It's been mentioned by our CoreSLT as we look at ...

Thank Post

Kite

Is anyone using the above or have experience of it? It's been mentioned by our CoreSLT as we look at getting a new website, one of the firms also provides the above VLE. We currently have Frog and I'm looking forward to FrogOS, but have to look as asked

Thank Post
    We saw it over a year ago now when as an LA we were looking for LP trends and wins/learns to inform an upcoming tender and wasn't overly impressed at all. Just looked like a VLE from the ark. That said, it may well have improved now as not seen it recently.

I believe one of our schools out of 400 is a customer.

Thank Post
    Had a good look at several VLE products during last year including Open Hive, Frog, Real Smart and Kite. Went for Kite in the end as we found it to offer the best balance of facility vs ease of use. We've now had the system in for 6 months and so far we're very pleased indeed, with generally very good feedback from both staff and students using the system. We don't have any kind of dedicated team to work with our VLE so ease of use for all staff was vital. Of the products we tried Kite and Real Smart were the two that really stood out in terms of ease of use. During our research we saw some very impressive end product from a number of providers, but when we started looking under the hood we often found some pretty unintuitive and even downright awkward obstacles to regular teaching staff constructing effective learning materials, which ranged from bizarre file handling to very limited page editing for those not versed in html. I guess ultimately it's a horses for courses issue, but for our purposes certainly Kite has been a resoundingly positive choice.

Thank Post
    Hi,

We have been working with e4education for a number of years for both our website and the Kite VLE. I have to say that Kite in particular has changed our lessons for the better for students, staff and even parents!! we work very closely with the team at Kite to look at new ways to improve and keep things fresh. Our experience with Kite in the classroom has definitely changed the way in which we plan and deliver lessons through the simple and easy to use lesson block creation tool, drag and drop file management and the 'creative' approach to lesson planning... not to mention having a timetable on hand and access to network drives on the school system, it really is a great all round solution and is as flexible as you want it to be.

Hope this helps.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm just looking into the Kite Learning platform as we are trying to find something that is easy to use to replace sharepoint.

The website looks nice but I still cant find any demos online.

Is anyone using this successfully?

The Kite Learning Platform - Features

Thank Post
    @zag,

Were about 14 months into using Kite and we're very pleased with the product so far! You're welcome to come and have a look. PM me for details
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 27th January 2014 at 04:56 PM.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Had a demo, but wasn't overly impressed. Its nice and I like the simplicity of it but it didn't look like it did anything better than something like Edumodo.

Certainly not £8k better anyway!

Also a product website that doesn't provide any screenshots is always a worry!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread