+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, ItsLearning in Technical; We use Itslearning here as Our VLE (quite rarely they actually use it, but thats half the problem) and we ...

Thank Post

ItsLearning

We use Itslearning here as Our VLE (quite rarely they actually use it, but thats half the problem) and we seem to have some issues with a large amount of students forgetting their passwords, in a whole class at a time situation. The real issue here for us is delegation of password control, we would like to give a select few teachers the permissions to change student passwords without granting them enough permissions to cripple the system, but as far as I can see from searching every tick box and looking through as many informative websites as I can, there is no way to grant limited Password control permissions.

Does anyone have any experience? or know a solution? I was once told that its simple "impossible" to do this, but I was also told it was impossible to eat 3 shredded wheat, and I managed that just fine.

Thanks

Sam

Thank Post
    install ADFS and get IT's to pull usesrs from AD.

Rob

Thank Post
    Fixed this by splitting down the students and Staff into entirely separate Hierarchies, added a staff account to the student Hierarchy and further controlling permissions through Policies.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread