+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog: Improving your website ratings in Technical; Hi All Well we are in the process of improving our ratings with Nibbler - take a taste of your ...
    Thank Post

Frog: Improving your website ratings

Hi All

Well we are in the process of improving our ratings with Nibbler - take a taste of your website

Of course because frog is different to other websites (it uses its own platform) some things are going to have errors e.g Our Calendar.

What I am asking though has anyone got any advice on improving the ratings? I have already spent about 3 hours improving ours from a poor 2.1 to 3.7. I am also putting in more metatags, descriptions and better links.

Even added our webpage to the facebook page and those kind of things.

I am tempted to ask Frog for advice but thought I would try EduGeekers first

Thank You

Thank Post
    Hi

It sounds to me like the problem lies with Frog. I myself wouldn't be happy with excusing errors on my site because of errors in their software, just because it's their own platform. In your situation I would turn to Frog because as a paying customer I don't think it's up to you to fix their software. I've not used Frog but assuming you have access to the code files, it's going to take quite a while to pinpoint all the files that generate the errors or ranking penalties. On top of this, whenever they issue an update it's just going to wipe all your changes anyway (unless you can update manually, but that's going to be a pain too).

If you decide to tackle this I'd advise you not to bother with Nibbler. I'd be more concerned with rankings from PageSpeed for example. With this you can scan your page and get a list of things to fix to improve performance, directly from your browser as an add-on. Bare in mind that a lot of the optimization techniques will be based on how you configure your web server, such as enabling compression. If you do not have enough access to modify your Apache/IIS configuration you'll be stuck. I'd also suggest you try to have your page markup validate without any errors.
    Last edited by freak; 3rd December 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Nibbler linked to the site which showed all the errors

Looking at some of those errors though I don't think there is anything I can do minus pass the buck to Frog, all the normal testing we have done though has revealed no issues.

Have managed to improve our ratings though, still want it higher!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread