+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, FrogLive Upload Failure in Technical; Hello all Just got Frog setup over the summer, things are running well, we have just recently started experimenting with ...
    Thank Post

FrogLive Upload Failure

Hello all

Just got Frog setup over the summer, things are running well, we have just recently started experimenting with FrogLive but have hit upon an issue.

Everything except for the uploading process is working, I have attached a pic of the error we get. Basically, after you make some changes to a document then save it, the upload window flutters at the beginning of its progress bar, then the error pops up. Afterwards, if you open the document, the changes are there. However, if you relogin to the PC and reopen the document, the changes are no longer present.

We have been testing it on Windows 7 Pro SP1 with the latest updates, using Internet Explorer 9. Java and flash etc. are uptodate if it matters.

I've contacted the helpdesk but from past experiences I'm not overly confidant in much useful help.

Anyone else experience this? Many thanks,

Rory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Out of interest, does it do it for all file types/extensions?

I used it while back, albeit on an Windows XP machine, and had no difficulty. Will have a look & a go now.

Thank Post
    We're gettign ready to ditch Frog Live once we have AD sign on sorted out. The way MS2010 handles documents tend to screw up editing/displaying anyway and Frog Live is a bit of a ram hog. I'm under the impression with Frog that they are getting ready to dump it as well and rebuild it smarter.

Thank Post
    It would be so nice to actually have this information from Frog, or even on the multiple tickets I have open on "Frog not so live".

Back to the original question. I wouldn't hold out any hope of the document edited by Frog live containing any of the changes you have made. This is a known bug, Also file upload suffers intermittently with not always updating the file. Also a confirmed bug. Only solution we have found if to delete the original document and upload a new one, which is a complete pain if you have links to that document as they break and you have to make them again. All rather poor really, and a complete show stopper with out business admin people.
    Last edited by frogwoman; 27th November 2012 at 10:40 AM.

5. Thanks to frogwoman from:

jahbulon (28th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frogwoman View Post
    It would be so nice to actually have this information from Frog, or even on the multiple tickets I have open on "Frog not so live".
    How can I say this so I don't get into trouble. I think Frog don't like to share plans for their development in case their plans change. In many ways this is sensible in a changing and competitive marketplace. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though. I know they are aware of a lot of feedback requesting a development roadmap.

If I'm right, the developer who built Frog Live is no longer with the company, so it's increasingly difficult to support it. A few months ago, I requested information about how Frog encodes the data in the URL string. I wanted to build a quicker version of the same as we pretty much only use it for login. And I couldn't get an answer. I wouldn't care, for us Frog Live works, but we started using it when it was still bug-ridden and now I can't get staff to go near it. Once bitten and all that...

7. Thanks to S.C. from:

jahbulon (28th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Hi everyone

Many thanks for the suggestions and the general FrogLive information.

Support still hasn't responded yet, ominous considering how quickly they have with other more seemingly complex issues.

I'll try a few more things out but for the teacher responsible for FROG co-ordination, this will be a major disappointment as this was something she was very keen on using from the start.

Certainly not the first disappoinment we've had with this VLE, although the pupils are giving positive feedback on their user end, the backend etc isn't much better or in some aspects worse than other VLEs [itslearning, Fronter etc].

On another note, is anyone aware of an active and useful Frog community/forum anywhere on the web? The official Frog community/knowledgebase portal is absurdly lacking in any real help or 'community'!

Many thanks,

R.

Thank Post
    I wish there wasa forum like this place on Frog, but when it comes to the community some on site techs have it blocked by their LEA! Crazy I know.

The community area although a great idea really does need every school checking on it often, I have a few things I am currently working on. Finalized testing on Secure Gateway, setup Year 9 options and the ability to email groups that are in frog with an exchange system.

As you mentioned though it does need some one to constantly check it but posting like a wall isnt as good as a forum - although they have added the function for that its not the first thing that loads up.

Thank Post
    Hi all

In case anyone was wondering, Frog support haven't got back to us with anything.

Quite odd considering they've never taken this long to give a response to our other requests!

Regards,

Rory.

Thank Post
    A little trick I've been told is look on the self service - there is more detail than the email responses. You can at least see if it's been passed to 2nd/3rd line support.

12. Thanks to frogwoman from:

jahbulon (30th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Minor Update:

We had some additional Frog Champion training last week and our trainer, although he couldn't help us, said that he had last been told there was a new version of FrogLive coming out very soon.

Interestingly, he also said that the development team don't seem to fully appreciate how frustrated the customers are over this, despite consultants like himself regularly bringing it to their attention.

I suppose they might have bigger fish to fry, so to speak. If so, take the damn product out of service then because during our evaluation of whether to purchase Frog or not, FrogLive was lauded as quite a unique and impressive feature- our teaching staff member Frog co-ordinator was very excited about using it.
    Last edited by jahbulon; 10th December 2012 at 09:16 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread