+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Uniservity's Life platform in Technical; Just wondered if anyone else had signed up to 'Life', and how you've found the experience?...

Thank Post

Uniservity's Life platform

Just wondered if anyone else had signed up to 'Life', and how you've found the experience?

Thank Post
    Bump.

No one out there on Life?

Thank Post
    Sent one of my team on the training course for it, and based on their feedback from the course we didnt sign up..... Dont want to be more specific, as i havent had a good play with it myself, although we're currently helping another school that did sign up for it migrate to an alternative...

Steve

Thank Post
    Hi
    I have worked with their uniservity platform as well as LIFE and they both have the similar issues. Speed! The VLE is very slow, could just be our area but it has a lot of issues when you have a whole class on.

Life has a great range of features and addon's but there are a lot of costs involved for the add ons. LIFE is a massive improvement on their previous VLE. A number of the schools around me are switching to eschools which might be worth a look a lot cheaper, a lot of MIS features for the likes of attendance etc and parent logins. The class features are also getting better on it. For me at the moment i would say VLE for primary use eschools, VLE for secondary use Moodle.

Thank Post
    Steve, thanks for your reply. Would you mind private messaging me with the feedback from your team member? I'd be interested to hear what kind of experience they had with it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tj2419 View Post
    Hi
    I have worked with their uniservity platform as well as LIFE and they both have the similar issues. Speed! The VLE is very slow, could just be our area but it has a lot of issues when you have a whole class on.

Life has a great range of features and addon's but there are a lot of costs involved for the add ons. LIFE is a massive improvement on their previous VLE. A number of the schools around me are switching to eschools which might be worth a look a lot cheaper, a lot of MIS features for the likes of attendance etc and parent logins. The class features are also getting better on it. For me at the moment i would say VLE for primary use eschools, VLE for secondary use Moodle.
    Thanks for your reply. Speed has always been an issue for their platforms, although we have seen improvements over the years. I'll take a look at eschools.

Thank Post
    We've subscribed to Life, but thankfully we're not yet using it. The old one is bad enough to navigate so hopefully Life will be easier but somehow I doubt it.

Thank Post
    Hi - we migrated from the old University platform recently - to life and we get very good support from the team at uniservity - they have been really great helping us set things up, get our SIMS feed working, users set up, training going etc. The Life forum is starting to develop nicely and the tech tips are great. They have created some good sample sites that showcase useful ideas. The help vids are super. Many of the changes that have been requested have been implemented - feels like they are listening.
    Its not perfect - but at the price - how can it be - its not microsoft word sold to zillions... nor is it a bespoke banking system. The security is being revamped - good thing - as its convoluted and hard to use unless you are a frequent user.
    But I like LIFE overall I would not be without it!
    I like the ease of posties and the ability to load loads of photos and get a slideshow. It was the best of the bunch when I looked some time ago and is really improved.
    I like being able to set up links and pages for my own units of work, share these with collegues, the kids and then the kids to use independently and at home. NO more favorites, webquests or other daft things.
    Looking forward to mediated blogs and other stuff.
    I recommend. (Infant teacher - 8 form entry)
    Last edited by JaneLWaite; 24th October 2012 at 07:22 PM.

9. Thanks to JaneLWaite from:

Easy_506 (25th October 2012)

Thank Post
    I have enjoyed working with the old Uniservity clc for about 6 years and we are now migrating to Life. The new Life platform is much more attractive and modern looking; much more customisable. The whole approach is easier to use and the new functions such as posties and the iframe are really good. Support is excellent.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread