+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Using jQuery image slider in a FROG page? in Technical; I've been trying to get the Nivo Slider ( Nivo Slider - The World's Most Popular jQuery & WordPress Image ...

Thank Post

Using jQuery image slider in a FROG page?

I've been trying to get the Nivo Slider (Nivo Slider - The World's Most Popular jQuery & WordPress Image Slider) working on a new FROG page but just cannot get it working at all.

I can get the slider showing okay in the page but the Page Curl seems to be broken by the code used in the slider and it just sits in the bottom left of the preview. The previewed slider seems to use a fair amount of CPU so I'm thinking some of the code is causing an issue somewhere!

Has anybody got one working with the Page Curl still intact on a FROG page? Did you have to add in anything special to make it work? I have seen it the slider on another's school page but they had somehow hidden the page curl so I'm wondering if its somehow just getting rid of that is the solution?

Thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    Wondering if you found an answer to this elsewhere? My limited experience with Frog and jQuery is that they are already using a highly customised version of jQuery in Frog. The result is some of the fancier functions of jQuery do not work. I've even tried linked to an uploaded version of the jQuery, but it seems some level of protection overwrites it.

Having said that, if you've seen it one another school's page, could you ask them? Was it definitely in Frog, or could it have beein an iframe? I do that all the time to get around the limitations.

Thank Post
    I ended up just having to use it within an iframe - I got it really close to working but the page curler seemed to almost clash with it some way. Just sticking it within an iFrame on the FrogWeb share and getting the spacings right gives the illusion of it being properly embedded.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread