+ Post New Thread
vBCms Comments Thread, Article: Microsoft UK Primary Schools Fun Day in ; You can view the page at http://www.edugeek.net/content.php?r...rimary-Schools...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Microsoft UK Primary Schools Fun Day

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There is also a Secondary Schools one on 13th June (which Im going to) link is also over on the MS Education Blog.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    These were rearranged. The cancelled 13th of June Secondary event is now to be held on Thursday 23rd of June 2011.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I attended the event today - well worth the effort. Not a huge number of folk there - didn't count but it seemed closer to 50 that the 120 places on offer. That was a pity because the young enthusiastic team who took us through the day did a superb job. Clearly Microsoft recognises the importance of having schools on board and is making good efforts toward ensuring customer loyalty with things such as EES Licensing, the great free tools in Live Essentials 2011 (Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, Mail, Messenger, Writer, Mesh and Family Safety). It was good to have things like Bing explained in greater detail - the visual search aspect seems particularly good for such things as history and geography but there are also great tools for maths with equations and science periodic tables for example. The World Wide telescope is awesome but requires the best connection. Other great tools worth having a good look at are: KODU, Autocollage, Songsmith, Community Clips Deep Zoom Composer Ribbon_Hero, A lot of these tools are free to Education through the UK partners in Learning sign up. The Microsoft Team took on board issues raised from the audience including how useful provision of MSI’s would be. The hospitality was great – the goody bag welcome although the small sized polo shirt is now my daughters as it wouldn’t accommodate my xl stomach! Thanks Microsoft for a really useful day out. I know that other Edugeekers attended and no doubt they will be able to add to (and probably correct) my observations.

5. Thanks to speckytecky from:

strawberry (24th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Food was good, small polo is currently swamping the kids. Think they must have used all the normal size one's at the technical meets

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For NAACE Members there is another day next Friday (1st) and I am really looking forward to getting wowed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This Blog entry by Ellie Jones is far better than my earlier ramblings describing the current work of Microsoft for schools.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread