+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
vBCms Comments Thread, Article: BETT 2011 - Capita and Stone Computers Demo in ; ...

Thank Post
    Brilliant, the countries supposed to be saving money and all the heads will be looking at spending £600 on a tablet.

At least they will be able to play Angry Birds too.

Thank Post
    Nice Video, shame no-one came over to look at WebFolder Mobile (Bromcom or Sims Direct) . It's already got behaviour and assessment in and Emerge bears a significant resemblance to it
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flaterry though :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCondon View Post
    Nice Video, shame no-one came over to look at WebFolder Mobile (Bromcom or Sims Direct) . It's already got behaviour and assessment in and Emerge bears a significant resemblance to it
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flaterry though :P
    What's the pricing like? (PM me if you want)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Brilliant, the countries supposed to be saving money and all the heads will be looking at spending £600 on a tablet.

At least they will be able to play Angry Birds too.
    Nah, they're £350 now.

Thank Post
    @Localzuk - I'll PM you as I don't want to get embroiled in an advertising war I am a techie first and foremost!

Thank Post
    JohnCondon's right, Bromcom also showed a good product at BETT. There's good, strong competition for Capita in this area. More please!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I could have this wrong, but the Bromcom Webfolder SD just seems to be browser based so would need constant internet access?

The thing I liked about the Groupcall one was the fact that it had the offline access which as mentioned would be perfect for PE staff out on the field.

If only either of them had access to the medical details..... might give groupcall a call tomorrow and get more details.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    I could have this wrong, but the Bromcom Webfolder SD just seems to be browser based so would need constant internet access?

The thing I liked about the Groupcall one was the fact that it had the offline access which as mentioned would be perfect for PE staff out on the field.

If only either of them had access to the medical details..... might give groupcall a call tomorrow and get more details.
    Surely having the ability for offline could lead to conflicting data when synchronised later on?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    Surely having the ability for offline could lead to conflicting data when synchronised later on?
    It'd be something which would be need to be raised with Groupcall I guess, but presumably they would have some conflict resolution in place? Maybe someone who was at BETT knows the answer to that one?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post

All the Bromcom products i've ever seen going right back to the huge, thick A5 folders have had offline access. I'm pretty certain the new TWF would do the same, that's how the firedrill part would work, otherwise it would be an instant #FAIL if the server room was on fire. I was testing the system out last year, but stopped when i got too busy. That was fairly cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    I don't see a conflict, the person that would do it online, fills the data offline and sends it in. There shouldn't be multiple entries for attendance or linked behaviour. It could occur for assessment, but mostly things should be cumulative, so all new data is stored, and it doesn't overlap. It's not designed to edit the more detailed data held on file, which could cause problems.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 18th January 2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo + addition.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Just to let you know I have spoken to Groupcall and they have in the pipeline both and Andriod version and also a Blackberry version.

The Sims staff on the stand said it was only going to be available for Idevices bu the people on the groupcall stand said otherwise!

Tpby

12. Thanks to glennda from:

alan-d (18th January 2011)

Thank Post
    The SIMS staff told me other devices would be coming to be fair, but it was security issues that meant iApps came first.

I have now seen this which mentions medical info, however the demo didn't appear to have this, so i don't know if it's just general marketing gumpf (?) with the SIMS logo on:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18886679/SIMS_Emerge.pdf

Thank Post
    Just to answer on the Bromcom Teachers' Web Folder questions, as I use the product alongside their My Child At School product.
    Both are web-based and externally accessible. Inside school you can choose to run TWF from the LAN so while technically using a browser, not using the net.
    I also have the mobile version of TWF which looks very nice in iPhones and gets used by a few of our staff.

TWF is really an alternative for Capita Learning Gateway, not just registration etc.

Thank Post
    I started to write a comment but it got large and i lost it once, so decided to make a new thread on it. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-sy...tml#post630260

Thank Post
    I'm guessing the Stone price was a one off special for the show, can any one confirm what the education price is now? I'd rather have these stones in school than Ipads...

Dave

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast