+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
vBCms Comments Thread, Article: EduGeek Conference 2010 in ; You can view the page at http://www.edugeek.net/content.php?r...onference-2010...
  1. #1
    CAM
    CAM is offline

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,308
    Thank Post
    870
    Thanked 407 Times in 308 Posts
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    290

    Article: EduGeek Conference 2010


  2. #2

    Ric_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,592
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 770 Times in 598 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Thanks for the excellent write up there CAM. I think you pretty much managed to cover eveything and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

    Pictures from the day are also available on Flickr - feel free to add your own pictures to the EduGeek Flickr Group too!
    Last edited by Ric_; 5th June 2010 at 03:33 PM.

  3. #3

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,162
    Thank Post
    522
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    879
    The Ruckus stuff interested me, long distance wireless is one tool that could be used to reduce the massive costs involved with dedicated fibres. Not to mention, there were some there who were interested in municipal wireless projects for their local towns.

    Also, the Ruckus talk only briefly touched on that aspect of their products - also providing a detailed insight into the changes coming in version 8.2 and 9 of their AP firmware. Things such as dynamic VLANs, better management of airtime, and the addition of secondary radius server configuration.

  4. #4

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,531
    Thank Post
    1,341
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Is there a video of the Smoothwall presentation?

  5. #5

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,410
    Thank Post
    1,521
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Rep Power
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Is there a video of the Smoothwall presentation?
    They didn't do a presentation Tom does it all from his little note pad (looks like it came from a Crimbo Cracker), but yes we will have videos of all the conference in the very near future (I'm downloading them now for editing!)

  6. #6
    Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    BlueSky
    Posts
    4
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi. I'm looking for the full conference video, especially the Capita slot. Can you please reply with the link?
    Thanks
    Claire Ashton - Capita

  7. #7

    SYSMAN_MK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,009
    Thank Post
    490
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Rep Power
    429
    John is in the process of putting the video together. I am sure there will be an announcement when it is ready for viewing.

  8. #8

    Ric_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,592
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 770 Times in 598 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    Hi. I'm looking for the full conference video, especially the Capita slot. Can you please reply with the link?
    Thanks
    Claire Ashton - Capita
    Our man john is on it... we did tell him about the drawbacks of using mini-DV as a recording medium (notably the realtime video encoding!). Hopefully we will have something for you very soon!

  9. #9

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,410
    Thank Post
    1,521
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Rep Power
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    John is in the process of putting the video together. I am sure there will be an announcement when it is ready for viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    Our man john is on it... we did tell him about the drawbacks of using mini-DV as a recording medium (notably the realtime video encoding!). Hopefully we will have something for you very soon!
    Yup I am on it, currently chopping them up into bits etc As for mini-DV, as I said not my fault my HD Camcorders only use Tapes! I didn't design them Sony did The quality and Zoom on it is great and the sound is as well You can hear the window blinds going chink every time the AirCon blew them!

  10. #10

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,074
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 937 Times in 731 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yup I am on it, currently chopping them up into bits etc As for mini-DV, as I said not my fault my HD Camcorders only use Tapes! I didn't design them Sony did The quality and Zoom on it is great and the sound is as well You can hear the window blinds going chink every time the AirCon blew them!
    Awesome! Nice Work John... Be Nice to play it back especially the Microsoft Presentation i did like that

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Just a note to thank EduGeek for the opportunity of presenting at the conference, my colleague Graham Cooper and I greatly enjoyed the day.

    As an aside I would be interested in continuing the theme of the Capita presentation on the possible future technology direction of school MIS systems, as there wasn't really time to enter into a proper debate on the area after the presentation completed. Is the best way to accomplish this to open a new thread in the MIS forum or do you think the topic needs to go elsewhere ?

    Phillip Hamlyn - Capita

  12. #12

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,162
    Thank Post
    522
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipHamlyn View Post
    Just a note to thank EduGeek for the opportunity of presenting at the conference, my colleague Graham Cooper and I greatly enjoyed the day.

    As an aside I would be interested in continuing the theme of the Capita presentation on the possible future technology direction of school MIS systems, as there wasn't really time to enter into a proper debate on the area after the presentation completed. Is the best way to accomplish this to open a new thread in the MIS forum or do you think the topic needs to go elsewhere ?

    Phillip Hamlyn - Capita
    I'd say you wouldn't be going too wrong in the MIS forum, or you could use the 'Blue skies' forum?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    A big thank you to Edugeek from me too for inviting me along to update you guys on where we are with FITS. I'd also like to thank all of those attendees that came over to see me at my table for more information. Life has been a bit hectic, to say the least, since the Becta announcement but happy to reinforce the message that although Becta may be going, we at The FITS Foundation are very much still here.

    Trevor Greenfield
    The FITS Foundation

  14. #14

    powdarrmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alcester, Warwickshire
    Posts
    4,866
    Thank Post
    412
    Thanked 777 Times in 650 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    @TrevorGreenfield: There is a question about FITS right now in unofficial chat - please consider joining us:

    EduGeek Emergency Chat

    (note, the web chat link has changed to Mibbit.com Webchat client)



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. EduGeek Conference 2010 Line Up
    By Dos_Box in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th May 2010, 10:22 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th May 2010, 01:47 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •