+ Post New Thread
vBCms Comments Thread, Article: EduGeek Conference 2010 in ; You can view the page at http://www.edugeek.net/content.php?r...onference-2010...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Article: EduGeek Conference 2010

Thank Post
    Thanks for the excellent write up there CAM. I think you pretty much managed to cover eveything and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Pictures from the day are also available on Flickr - feel free to add your own pictures to the EduGeek Flickr Group too!
    Last edited by Ric_; 5th June 2010 at 02:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,913 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Ruckus stuff interested me, long distance wireless is one tool that could be used to reduce the massive costs involved with dedicated fibres. Not to mention, there were some there who were interested in municipal wireless projects for their local towns.

Also, the Ruckus talk only briefly touched on that aspect of their products - also providing a detailed insight into the changes coming in version 8.2 and 9 of their AP firmware. Things such as dynamic VLANs, better management of airtime, and the addition of secondary radius server configuration.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is there a video of the Smoothwall presentation?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Is there a video of the Smoothwall presentation?
    They didn't do a presentation Tom does it all from his little note pad (looks like it came from a Crimbo Cracker), but yes we will have videos of all the conference in the very near future (I'm downloading them now for editing!)

Thank Post
    Hi. I'm looking for the full conference video, especially the Capita slot. Can you please reply with the link?
    Thanks
    Claire Ashton - Capita

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 729 Posts
    John is in the process of putting the video together. I am sure there will be an announcement when it is ready for viewing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    Hi. I'm looking for the full conference video, especially the Capita slot. Can you please reply with the link?
    Thanks
    Claire Ashton - Capita
    Our man john is on it... we did tell him about the drawbacks of using mini-DV as a recording medium (notably the realtime video encoding!). Hopefully we will have something for you very soon!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    John is in the process of putting the video together. I am sure there will be an announcement when it is ready for viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    Our man john is on it... we did tell him about the drawbacks of using mini-DV as a recording medium (notably the realtime video encoding!). Hopefully we will have something for you very soon!
    Yup I am on it, currently chopping them up into bits etc As for mini-DV, as I said not my fault my HD Camcorders only use Tapes! I didn't design them Sony did The quality and Zoom on it is great and the sound is as well You can hear the window blinds going chink every time the AirCon blew them!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yup I am on it, currently chopping them up into bits etc As for mini-DV, as I said not my fault my HD Camcorders only use Tapes! I didn't design them Sony did The quality and Zoom on it is great and the sound is as well You can hear the window blinds going chink every time the AirCon blew them!
    Awesome! Nice Work John... Be Nice to play it back especially the Microsoft Presentation i did like that

Thank Post
    Just a note to thank EduGeek for the opportunity of presenting at the conference, my colleague Graham Cooper and I greatly enjoyed the day.

As an aside I would be interested in continuing the theme of the Capita presentation on the possible future technology direction of school MIS systems, as there wasn't really time to enter into a proper debate on the area after the presentation completed. Is the best way to accomplish this to open a new thread in the MIS forum or do you think the topic needs to go elsewhere ?

Phillip Hamlyn - Capita

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,913 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipHamlyn View Post
    Just a note to thank EduGeek for the opportunity of presenting at the conference, my colleague Graham Cooper and I greatly enjoyed the day.

As an aside I would be interested in continuing the theme of the Capita presentation on the possible future technology direction of school MIS systems, as there wasn't really time to enter into a proper debate on the area after the presentation completed. Is the best way to accomplish this to open a new thread in the MIS forum or do you think the topic needs to go elsewhere ?

Phillip Hamlyn - Capita
    I'd say you wouldn't be going too wrong in the MIS forum, or you could use the 'Blue skies' forum?

Thank Post
    A big thank you to Edugeek from me too for inviting me along to update you guys on where we are with FITS. I'd also like to thank all of those attendees that came over to see me at my table for more information. Life has been a bit hectic, to say the least, since the Becta announcement but happy to reinforce the message that although Becta may be going, we at The FITS Foundation are very much still here.

Trevor Greenfield
    The FITS Foundation

Thank Post
    @TrevorGreenfield: There is a question about FITS right now in unofficial chat - please consider joining us:

EduGeek Emergency Chat

(note, the web chat link has changed to Mibbit.com Webchat client)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread