+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
vBCms Comments Thread, We are live with vb4! in ; well done...
    Thank Post
    well done

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    I have been able to replicate the same issue.
    The odd spacing happens when you view the site in compatability mode in IE8. When you turn that off, the site returns to how it should look
    From what I can tell I am not viewing it with compatibility mode.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Although I like it, on the front page I don't like the way the Forum title comes underneath the post. I also don't like how the comment title comes under the actual comment.

Surely title then post is a better way?

GJE
    I quite like the new version, but also find this a bit confusing - forum title above the post would make more sense to me. Would also prefer the latest posts section to be more prominent as well like it used to be.

A couple of other bugs/annoyances that I've come across are:
    1) When searching it sometimes comes up with a message "This forum requires that you wait 8 seconds between searches. Please try again in [x] seconds.", despite being several minutes (or hours) since my last search (a lot longer than 8 seconds in any case).
    2) Also, with the previous version of the forums, the webpage titles used to vary depending on what page of a thread you were on (so '[thread title] - Page 2', etc), whereas the new version just uses the same title for all pages in a thread, which is one of my pet hates as I then have to remember to change the filename if saving a page so it doesn't overwrite any others, so hope this can be changed.

Thanks, Harlquinth.

Thank Post
    I have a major issue trying to use the site at work now since the change. If i go to browse forums via the Forums tab up top, i can see nothing other than people actually using the forum. No categories/posts anything show up. All i get is occasionally a complaint that Ads are blocked in some way instead of the add showing although i can view the site fine. If i click on the What's new tab, this does show up posts and these are the only ones i can read. What's going on ? Is it the Ad blocking that's happening somewhere that's preventing me from browsing the forums, and if so are the ads hosted on the same domain or elsewhere so i can unblock them ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dav3y View Post
    I have a major issue trying to use the site at work now since the change. If i go to browse forums via the Forums tab up top, i can see nothing other than people actually using the forum. No categories/posts anything show up. All i get is occasionally a complaint that Ads are blocked in some way instead of the add showing although i can view the site fine. If i click on the What's new tab, this does show up posts and these are the only ones i can read. What's going on ? Is it the Ad blocking that's happening somewhere that's preventing me from browsing the forums, and if so are the ads hosted on the same domain or elsewhere so i can unblock them ?
    Do you have noscript possibly or disabled javascript?
    If so you will have issues using the site in general tbh so I would enable js, failing that switch to another theme (non tabbed) using the drop down menu at the bottom left of the page.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456