+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
vBCms Comments Thread, Article: EduGeek @Education Innovation - Manchester 8-9 March 2013 in ; I'll be popping back to the stand for a freebie top up....
    Thank Post
    I'll be popping back to the stand for a freebie top up.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Great seeing the crew again, shame I was too busy Jamming to stop and chat on Saturday.

But I've had an idea! Launch an Edugeek members competition to design a Raspberry Pi based device to sit on future stands. It must be geeky and do something interesting to do with education/it support.

PS total cost limit to be decided by DB as he'll have to fund getting it built.
    Last edited by SimpleSi; 10th March 2013 at 09:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I’d just like to say thanks to everyone who came to see us over the Friday and Saturday. It was very nice to see so many old faces and meet new people. It was a bit like when we first started doing BETT many moons back, with so many ‘So who is EduGeek then?’ and ‘ I've heard of you, what do you do?’ type questions I had to remember my old patter!
    The Education Innovation Show will be happening again next year, which is good because it drew in lots of people who otherwise couldn't make the more southerly education shows and its location in central Manchester makes it really easy to get to. Oh! and it also gives the Raspberry Pi community somewhere to go (I've never seen so many Pi enthusiasts in one place!).
    I highly recommend you keep an eye out for it next year. But don’t worry if you forget, we’ll remind you

But before I sign off on this post I’d just like to add some special thanks, so in no particular order:

• @SimpleSi – For holding the fort on Friday whilst I had to hobble off places and loaning us the PiBot to have on the stand. It was a big draw
    • @Grumbledook – For volunteering to be on a panel on our behalf and bringing the ‘precious’. It really is too spiky to be considered safe y’know
    • @John – For helping out on the stand on Saturday at short notice. It was a huge help, especially given the gods sudden dislike of the admins!
    • @RobK – For just turning up and helping without being asked. It was above and beyond the call of duty
    • Everyone at ICT Direct for transporting our kit, knowing a really good pub next to the event and providing horse tranquillisers! Many hands make light work J
    • Smoothwall- For lunch. Nom, nom, nom
    • Education Innovation – For having us there. It was a pleasure

See you all next year

5. 2 Thanks to Dos_Box:

GrumbleDook (11th March 2013), john (11th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post

• @Grumbledook – For volunteering to be on a panel on our behalf and bringing the ‘precious’. It really is too spiky to be considered safe y’know
    • @John – For helping out on the stand on Saturday at short notice. It was a huge help, especially given the gods sudden dislike of the admins!
    • Everyone at ICT Direct for transporting our kit, knowing a really good pub next to the event and providing horse tranquillisers! Many hands make light work J
    • Smoothwall- For lunch. Nom, nom, nom
    • Education Innovation – For having us there. It was a pleasure

It was indeed great fun

Chris, we're happy to provide you with drugs to ease the pain of 'mysterious' leg injuries any time.
    Grumbledook's 'Precious' very nearly drew blood, I'll remember not to touch it in future.
    John, as always a pleasure, although I'm slightly scared now after learning of your 'Bear Collection'
    Smoothwall, thanks for your lovely Smooth BallsI shall be using them to increase productivity in the Warehouse...

It was great to see everyone and meet a few new people, all of you who got mints and bears should brag to those who did not. You lucky people!

I'm thinking the ICT Direct sponsored Real Ale tour next year?
    Last edited by ICTDirect_Dave; 11th March 2013 at 09:51 AM.

Thank Post
    I got mints and a bear

Does John's bear collection have anything to do with your bears???

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,474 Posts
    The Education Innovation Show will be happening again next year, which is good because it drew in lots of people who otherwise couldn't make the more southerly education shows...
    Hmmm. South of Manchester and wherever in the frozen north you lot come from. But for us? The more southerly shows in London are still NORTH. Any chance ever of some sort of show further this way do you think?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Only so far as he now has a couple of our bears in his collection... I was too disturbed to follow it up. Although it might be easier from the safety if the Internet actually.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Ok my bear collection, like some people collect cars, trains, crystal, tea pots, models of cats, thimbles etc... I do have a rather growing collection of bears around the house (as well as aged computer equipment in most rooms much to the family's continued annoyance) So that is the total of my Bear collection

Anyway....

Thank you to all those that came and said Hi on the Saturday to us it was great to meet so many people some new and others existing.

Thanks to Dave, John and Vicky at ICT Direct for the mints and bears and being great as ever and we are getting the packing of your stand down to a fine art and that rack was so light who needs 4 big burley men hey

Thanks also to Rob and David at Smoothwall (nice to meet my account manager face to face) and for buying lunch cannot beat a good foot long

Thanks to Dave from Education Innovation for having us he is a true gent and very nice chap and thanks to the people at the 2pm Pi Event that I gate crashed to say nice things about us if any are on here and for coming and saying hi to myself and @robk after your Pi session it was nice to see you and chat

Thanks to @GrumbleDook for bringing his shiny and thanks to Eddie from Spot on Health and Safety (Event Safety Office and friend of mine) for confirming that it does require a special risk assessment due to its incredibly sharp points and agreeing with our suggestion of a file to take off the sharp points

Final thanks to @Dos_Box for the opportunity to come and meet members and catch up with you again All in all a great day was had and I am already looking forward to next years event

11. Thanks to john from:

GrumbleDook (11th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Thanks to @GrumbleDook for bringing his shiny and thanks to Eddie from Spot on Health and Safety (Event Safety Office and friend of mine) for confirming that it does require a special risk assessment due to its incredibly sharp points and agreeing with our suggestion of a file to take off the sharp points
    How does a tin of Quality Street have sharp dangerous points on it?

Thank Post
    Another one of my ideas ignored by the management

One day

Si

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The 'precious'. The points on it are really, really, really sharp!

IMG_2894.JPG

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The 'precious'. The points on it are really, really, really sharp!

IMG_2894.JPG
    I love the reflections you can see of the lanyards and bottle openers...

Makes it look like the 'precious' has been used to steal Edugeeker souls or something...

Thank Post
    "... and there, it consumed him..." xD

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    OMG you won! Congrats.
    I missed that announcement.
    I am concerned that Tony Sheppard now comes to us sponsored by Meru Networks, surely Hotel Chocolate would have been more appropriate.

18. Thanks to vikpaw from:

john (15th March 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information